08

Seolhyun grinned and took out a few papers, sliding them out on the table. My vision was foggy but I could make out those two words.

Those two words that I haven't met and dreaded for the past few months.

Marriage.

Registration.

Picking up my fallen jacket, I sighed as I turned to leave.

"Not now, Seolhyun. I already told you that now isn't the right time."

Seolhyun's smile faded. "What do you mean that now's not the right time? You said the exact same thing three months ago. I've waited for so long and I'm getting impatient. Father wants us t-"

"Seolhyun, go away. I need more time..." I said, turning around.

"If this is because of your disease, I can promise you that I will hire the best doctors to cure you!" Seolhyun immediately added in, blocking the door.

Another tingle came as I stepped back.

"Seolhyun, its not curable. You made me like this, and don't you ever forget that." I hissed, quickly shoving the girl away and left.

~

I might be starting to actually like my job here. It's like I'm receiving special treatment everywhere I go. When I'm at the hotel's staff lounge, the female staff all gather around me and start squishing me into hugs and question me casually about working as the CEO's secretary.

When I'm at the cafeteria, the barista gives me a cup of coffee for free and it freaks me out, mainly because now I know that its actually a position that is worth looking up to.

Does no one at this hotel actually dare to work as his personal secretary? Wow he's no different from a picky child.

"Ms Jeon!"

Me? Wait, I'm being called that now? Great.

I turned to see a middle-aged man in a neat suit walking towards me.

"Mr Lee, evening. Is there anything I can help with?" I offered, putting on one of my most forced smiles ever. I can't smile properly.

The middle-aged man handed me a thin file. "This is the list of new VIP guests that checked in this morning and afternoon, please pass it to the reception counter," he spoke, and he handed me another sheet of paper. "and this is Mr Kwon's schedule for later."

I studied the schedule and frowned.

"Who's this 'F'? Why aren't his initials used instead? 'F' is all over the schedule."

Mr Lee uneasily brought me to the lounge area and sat me down.

"'F' is actually some one of a very high position and title, you know." Mr Lee said, bringing his voice to a low and deep whisper.

I tilted my head in confusion.

"She's one of the major shareholders and business partners of this hotel, and she's also Mr Kwon's fi-an-cee." Mr Lee hissed into my ear, emphasizing the word 'fiancee'.