36

"Youngie!"

I stopped in my tracks with one hand rested on the cold metal barrister of the stairs.

Youngie...?

Just then, a familiar voice from years ago rung into my mind, and my head spun and my eyes became cloudy.

"Make a wish, Youngie!"

"I fed the chickens, Youngie!"

"I love you, Youngie!"

I slowly spun around, in a daze. A hooded Jisoo was staring at me, with tears already formed in her eyes and desperation clouded in them as she slowly stepped towards me.

As the distance between gradually closed and we were barely a meter away from each other, the tingling gushing through my body all stopped and clogged themselves at my upper chest; my heart.

"Jisoo...?" I croaked, and I felt like my tears had a mind of its own, blurring my sight and clearing itself all after rolling down my cheeks.

I watched in silence as Jisoo slowly neared herself to me and shakily reached out a hand to my face, slowly resting it on my cheek. It stung but it felt warm, and it definitely wasn't because of my allergy.

"I'm sorry, Hosh..." Jisoo glanced down at the floor, with her hand still resting against my cheek. "I'm so sorry for leaving you alone all these years. I'm sorry for pretending not to know you..."

Something shiny caught my eye. I looked down to catch glimpse of something hanging from Jisoo's neck. It was the necklace. The same necklace which I wore, the same necklace which I gave Sooji on her birthday years ago...

"You..."

"I am Jeon Jisoo, but I was Jeon Sooji, Youngie." Jisoo said softly, turning her head towards Seungcheol, who was also taken aback from shock.

Just then, the main door opened and another familiar face appeared.

"Hyung..."

"Wonwoo... You lied to me. You lied, you said that Sooji was gone. You lied, Wonwoo, and I trusted you..." I said weakly, my voice cracked and dry.

Wonwoo opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out except for a small sigh.

Jisoo turned my head to face her, and my stomach flipped when I managed to focus on her face again. "Listen, Youngie. It wasn't Wonho's fault. He wanted to protect me so I will never, ever fall in love again. I'm sorry Youngie. I need to go now."

As Jisoo's grasp slowly left me, I couldn't help but feel all my body systems shutting down gradually and my legs gave way.

The last thing I ever heard was Jisoo's scream, and Wonwoo and Seungcheol calling out for my name, and their voices gradually faded away.

The last thing I ever saw was Jisoo rushing down next to me.

"I will teach you to love again, Sooji...I will..." I whispered to myself before darkness engulfed me.

~