31

"He...isn't here today?" I asked the receptionist.

Nodding, receptionist said, "Yes, the management office did not give me his schedule today and said that he wasn't coming to work, so in other words you have no work to do today, you can take the day off."

My eyes drooped to the floor and I slowly nodded before thanking the receptionist.

Is this...all because of me?

Dialing Wonwoo's number, I went into the hotel's cafeteria and sat down at a table.

"Hello?"

"Wonwoo, I got a day off today." I said, biting my lip.

"All of a sudden? Why?" Wonwoo asked, clearly surprised.

"Soonyoung's not here today." I replied meekly.

There was silence on the other end of the phone except for Wonwoo's silent breathing.

"Tell you what, why not you go over to Minghao's dance studio, he'll let you stay for a while. You don't have the keys to our house, and so I'll pick you up later at 2." Wonwoo said, hanging up.

I sighed and stood up, walking out of the office.

~

I peeked into the dance studio, and sure enough, I saw my elder cousin dancing alone in the middle of the studio. As the music came to a halt, Minghao sighed and dropped to the floor, clearly exhausted.

I knocked on the door and came in.

"Minghao."

Minghao turned to look and he smiled, still panting. "My 'low-key' cousin is here! You're not working now?"

I shook my head slowly. "I got a day off today. Wonwoo told me to go to your studio till he picks me up later at 2."

Minghao nodded then slumped down on the floor. "Anything interesting that happened in work these days? You really don't sound like yourself right now. You used to be so hype and loud. Now I can actually compare you to a mice." 

"Gee, thanks. It's just that...Jeonghan works in the same hotel as me now." I said glumly, tossing my bag to the side.

Minghao sits up immediately. "What!? That son of a bi- Okay, how even? Of all hotels??"

I shrugged. "And Joshua's back from LA."

"Ohhh that guy, I know him, he came over last year for your project meeting." Minghao said. "Anything else that happened?" 

I found out that my boss was my childhood crush, and that he actually found Wonwoo and I, and I just broke his heart.

"No, nothing else. That's pretty much all of it." I lied. 

Minghao nodded slowly.

~

I tapped my pen against my table, deep in thought. 

Does Jisoo like Soonyoung? Or is it the other way round?

"Jeonghan! Hand these to the reception counter, its the list of guests for today morning." Ji Ae taps my shoulder, interrupting my thoughts as she hands me some sheets of paper.

Before Ji Ae could leave, I pulled her towards me. "I'm your older brother but you're treating me as a stranger now?" 

Ji Ae pursed her lips and walks away, with her head up in the air.

And she was the one who got so excited that I was going to work here. 

~