16

I could feel Jeonghan's stares penetrating against my back as I walked in front of him, emotionlessly showing him the office floor.

"This is your seat," I said curtly, gesturing to the empty desk that was right in front of the office that I shared with Soonyoung. "You may begin your work here."

With that, I stepped away and went back into the office. Soonyoung glanced up as I came in. He smiled at me happily but I avoided eye contact with him and I looked away immediately and sat down at me desk.

"Are you okay?" Soonyoung called out to me from across the office.

I nodded, clearly depressed as shit.

~

"Are you okay?" I called out to Jisoo from the other end of the office.

Jisoo merely nodded.

Our desks was surrounded by a glass layering and the glass door, so it was literally see-through. I craned my neck to catch a glimpse of the new staff.

I stood up and pushed the glass door open and went outside, towards the new staff.

The young man stared up at me and stood up. "Good afternoon! I'm Yoon Jeonghan and I'm new here! Thank you for hiring me, sir!"

I nodded and smiled.

~

"Good afternoon! I'm Yoon Jeonghan and I'm new here! Thank you for hiring me, sir!" I greeted, eye smiling the guy.

Who is he? Why is he sharing an office with Jisoo? How old is he? He looks just my age. How can he possibly be my manager? Or my boss? My mind was bombarding me with lots of useless but kinda significant questions, but I just decided to smile it off.

"Hey. I'm your manager, Mr Kwon, but you can call me Soonyoung whenever we're alone. Welcome to Fraser Park!" This Soonyoung guy said.

Kwon Soonyoung, huh?

Okay.

~

I nervously glanced out the glass, observing Soonyoung and Jeonghan, then I glanced at my watch. It was 2.13pm. Already? I guess I should go then...

I packed my things into my bag and stood up, pushing my rolling armchair into my desk neatly and I positioned files at the side of my desk.

"Leaving already?"

I glanced up to see Soonyoung. He was leaning against the glass door.

Nodding my head, I slowly walked towards the door.

"I'll drive you home then," Soonyoung suggested, grabbing his car keys from his pocket.

"It's fine, really. I can ask Wonwoo to pick me up. It's no big deal." I insisted. "See you tomorrow, Mr Kwo- Soonyoung."

"See you later!" Soonyoung chirped.

Oh right.

~

"You are not joining us later, Jeon Sooji." Wonwoo interrupted as he eyed me from the rearview mirror.

I kicked Wonwoo's seat from the back and I grunted. "Stop calling me that! I told you that I hated that name! I changed it to Jisoo for a reason okay?"

"Yeah whatever. But you are not joining us, little sis." Wonwoo said firmly, his eyes still narrowed at me.

"Why not? Soonyoung invited me too!"

"Because you can't fucking control your liquor! I don't want to end up bringing some drunk ass girl back home." Wonwoo said, clearly pissed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Come on! Just this once! I'll treat you to burgers." I said.

Wonwoo'e eyes widened and his head spun to face me. I smirked a little. He definitely won't be able to reject such a offer. After all, he's obsessed with burgers.

Sighing, Wonwoo nodded. "Fine, you can come..."

~

"Avoiding girls will not benefit you at all, like I said." My doctor, Doctor Park explained. He has been doing checkups on me ever since I triggered the allergy years ago.

"I know, but I can't go close to every girl! I might as well die." I said.

Shaking his head, Doctor Park smiled softly.

"Not every girl. Think about it, there will definitely be this one girl whom you feel extremely comfortable with."

I blinked my eyes, deep in thought. "And?"

"Try building a simple friendship with this one girl. And from then on your allergy will not be that serious and you can move on to making new friends with ease." Doctor Park continued.

Even though his tone was soft and reassuring, I still had a tint of doubt in me. "And if it doesn't work?"

"It will. You just have to try, Soonyoung." Doctor Park added, "You can do it if you try."

~