13.3

"shouldn't we get up now?" yoongi asked, as he looked up at mark.

the two had woken up from their slumber a few minutes by a nurse who was knocking to give mark his daily medication and since yoongi was there he gave him a pot as well.

they had sat up to take the pills which the swallowed with water but mark insisted they lay down for five more minutes.

"fine." mark grumbled as he lifted his upper body off the mattress and sat up, his back resting against the headboard.

yoongi shuffled over to mark who opened his legs up and beckoned his friend with his index finger. yoongi smiled then shuffled backwards until his back hit mark's chest. he rested his head on mark's shoulder and wrapped his arms around his waist before resting his on top of marks.

"have you thought of anything yet?"

yoongi shrugged his shoulders. "it's hard."

"blaming him or blaming yourself?" mark asked, pressing a kiss on yoongi's cheek.

"both."

the two sat in silence, yoongi thinking about his homework task and mark pondering about his family and their values.

before yoongi came to his room, his parents had come to the institution to see him. he tried to refuse but his parents weren't having it and demanded to see him.

the tension in the room was thick, his parents eyes burning a whole in his skull while he looked down at his hands, not wanting to make eye contact with them.

his mother spoke first, talking about how they knew that mark had grown out of his adhd a while ago. his looked up at saw something in his parents eyes he hadn't seen in awhile. worry, and to say he was shocked was an understatement.

his father had asked why he chose to stay here despite being well and mark broke down. he spilled his emotions, his deepest feelings about his relationship with them. he told them how hurt he was when they said he wasn't good enough, when they admitted him to a mental institution because of his adhd which wasn't a mental illness which was severe enough to be admitted for. he told them how he always felt like the black sheep in their small family of three and that he was better off here since they didn't want him.

by the end of mark's speech, the whole family were holding hands and sobbing together. his mother apologised for being a bad parent and his father told him they'd do better to repair their relationship.

when they'd calmed down, his parents told him that they wanted him to come home which he wasn't too keen on agreeing to so quickly. he told them to give him some time to think about it which they agreed to.

his father also told him that he shouldn't worry about taking over the business because they were wrong in pushing him to do something they knew he didn't want to do.

after their eventful meeting, mark went back to his room and sat on his bed and stared out of the window thinking about his parents proposal. he was keen to see what his parents would to to fix their relationship, but he was also scared that they'd go back to their old, pushy ways. while he wanted to go home, he was tied to the institution because of one special person who made his heart race. it was a tough decision, but he knew that he couldn't stay in the institution forever.

"hey yoongi?" mark called out.

"hm?"

"i... i'll be leaving the institution in a week."