8.0

WARNING: this may trigger some as there are mentions of being admitted to a mental institution

yoongi's face was covered by his mask and cap as he, namjoon and hoseok made their way into the mental institution yoongi had been admitted to.

the trio landed in america yesterday and decided it would be best if they had a decent amount of sleep before getting down to the reason why they came to america. for the whole duration of their journey from south korea to america, yoongi hadn't uttered a single word. hoseok wondered if everything hit yoongi at once making him unable to cope with his thoughts. he knew yoongi wouldn't want namjoon and himself to worry about him further so he would keep his thoughts to himself.

"hello, we're here to admit choi hanuel." namjoon spoke in fluent english to the receptionist.

namjoon and hoseok decided together thank it was best for them to not use yoongi's real name since they knew reporters would go to extreme lengths to get news that was worth reporting.

yoongi fidgeted with his hands, looking down at the ground. everything reminded him of jimin which reminded him of all the distasteful words he received via social media. yoongi was crumbling and as much as he didn't want to admit it, he needed jimin. he was the super glue that put his broken pieces back together. without jimin, he was scattered pieces of a broken person who was once whole.

"yoongi hyung." hoseok whispered discreetly.

the older male looked up at his friend who was giving him a small smile as his hand rested on his shoulder.

"you're easily the strongest person i know. if you can't use your strength to help yourself then i don't know who can. i have faith in you, hyung. i-i love you."

yoongi nodded and wrapped his arms around hoseok's waist. his arms wrapped around him tighter when the younger male's words echoed through his mind.

namjoon and hoseok had also agreed to not visit yoongi during the time he would spend in the institution. they knew that if he saw them he would begin to rely on them to help him escape the big black dog that followed him around like he had done when recovering from the daehyun fiasco.

"mark! mark! please get away from the window!" a doctor shouted.

yoongi looked in the direction of the shouts to see a boy with red hair, who yoongi assumed to be mark, with one leg out an open window while a playful smirk was etched onto his lips.

"ah, come on nurse. live a little! let me be the next issac newton and test how reliable gravity is!" the red haired boy shouted.

'mark' put his other leg out of the window and winked at the nurse before turning to jump but he was stopped by two men who grabbed his arms.

"okay fine, when i make it i'll give you a few dollars." he negotiated with a smile.

the security guards pulled him away from the window and down a hallway while he was still negotiating even though they were hardly paying attention to his words.

"who's that guy?" namjoon asked the receptionist.

the women sighed, shaking her head slightly while smiling. "him? that's the legendary mark tuan who has adhd. honestly, his impulsiveness and restlessness is off the charts, but he's okay most of the time i guess."

yoongi chuckled a little at the display of mark tuan and his impulsiveness. yoongi thoughts it was cute that he wanted to be the next issac newton and couldn't shake the feeling of wanting to get to know him better.

namjoon turned to face his hyung.

"goodbye hyung, remember that i love you and all i want is the best for you." namjoon spoke, his arms wrapping around yoongi's small frame.

"i love you too joonie, and i love you too hobi." yoongi muttered.

namjoon pulled away from the older male, him and hoseok smiling at yoongi's words. namjoon and hoseok turned to walk out of the doors while yoongi watched them until they were out of sight. he knew that from this point onwards, he only had himself to rely on to help himself.