9.1

"how are you feeling today hanuel?"

"okay."

yoongi had officially been at the mental institution for two months. he spent two months crying himself to sleep at the thought of jimin. every time he holds his plushie close to his chest, he is reminded of jimin and how there are thousands of miles separating them.

during these two months, yoongi has evaluated his life and how he came to the conclusion that his relapse is his fault. he felt like he shouldn't have let jimin affect him in the way he did, he shouldn't have showed him, him.

he should've let it be.

mark and yoongi's friendship is one that's a popular topic of discussion among the nurses, doctors and therapist within the institution. they all wondered how such a character like mark and a closed person like yoongi (hanuel as they knew him) could become friends.

mark has landed them in the most trouble he has ever been in. even in yoongi's childhood he was a golden child. he followed the rules and was even class president for three years in a row. nonetheless, he loved being in mark's company though he'd never admit it to his friend as his head would inflate even more than it already was.

doctor adams hadn't gotten very far with trying to help her patient because of how closed he was. it had been two months and the most she'd gotten out of him was him talking about how mark is a good friend.

"how has your day been so far?" the doctor asked, removing her glasses from her face.

"fine." yoongi deadpanned.

doctor adams' sighed at yoongi's short responses. she had been a therapist for around six years and never did she have to deal with such a closed person. usually, her patients figured they had nothing left since they were already in an institution so they told her everything; but yoongi was different.

doctor adams' rested her notebook and pen on her desk then faced yoongi. "hanuel, why are you here?"

yoongi's eyes wondered. "i'm crazy."

"aren't the best of us? whatever you consider to be normal might be someone elses crazy. what does the word crazy mean to you?"

"that i'm mad, nobody quite as... stupid as me. i guess." yoongi shifted uncomfortably.

"why aren't you so sure about that?"

"because i-i was crazy before. i was crazy for h-him." yoongi spoke, his lips quivering.

doctor adams nodded small. "what happened with you and him for you to end up here?"

"we were forced to break up, i loved him and he loved me. we were fine before those bitches started messaging me! then manager fucking song, he was the reason we had to break up! jiminie's broken and he's hurting because he thinking i've left the fucking country to get away from him! i never wanted to be away from him, i l-love him." yoongi exclaimed, standing from his chair as tears escaped his eyes.

doctor adams ran to yoongi from her seat and wrapped her arms around him as he lowered his head and cried on her shoulder.

"first of all, i'm going to stop calling you hanuel because it clearly isn't your name, yoongi. secondly, i want you stop doing whatever this is you're doing. stop. don't pretend because you think you have to, come to me or talk to Mark considering how close you two are. for now, our session is over. i'll talk to administration about making our sessions daily."

yoongi cried for a while longer before lifting his head from doctor adams shoulder and nodding at her. he turned away and walked out of her office, leaning against the door. he turned his head to look at mark who was shocked to see tears down yoongi's face.

"this place!" mark shouted shaking his head. "they need to refurbish, damn water is leaking from every ceiling."

yoongi grinned at mark's words. he knew he wouldn't have to explain anything to him because mark understood without knowing his story.

"i don't know about you, but i want strawberry cake, so we're going to break into the kitchen." mark announced, marching while pulling yoongi along.

his friends attempts to make him feel better were very subtle, but very effective.

yoongi sniffled and wiped his face dry. "w-who are we stealing the keys from today?"

"dear old granny mable." mark replied with a smirk playing on his lips.