Chapter Twenty-Two - I Have To Do What?!

I Have To Do What?! - Chapter Twenty-Two

"Oh no..." I whispered frustrated. It was Bolten, coming to take me back to the prison cell, also known as his room.

"What's wrong? Why is the young master so angry now? Don't you want to be with your mate..?" Lil asked suspiciously.

I just sighed, and looked down. "No... He kidnapped me, twice... And the worst part is I dont even live in this state! That possessive asshole took me away from my life, and I was supposed to get married too... But now I can never get back to my home and boyfriend... I dont even love Bolten, he doesn't even care..."

Lil's eyes widened, and she just looked at me with a sympathetic look. "If I were you, I would go hide, and quick..." Lil whispered to me, pointing to a tall willow tree on top of a mini hill. I quickly nodded my head, but suddenly stopped, and panic soon set in.

"But Lil, what about you?" I asked, my voice laced with concern and sympathy, but at the same time I was relieved she understood me, and was even helping me escape... Lil just gently smiled at me, and looked down.

"Dont worry about me deary, I've done this all my life... Now go!" She said, waving her hands, a jester for me to go already.

I looked to the tree and back to Lil, and I felt really bad for her, but I had no choice...  If I was to get out of here, I needed to hide and avoid Bolten... But what about Lil...?

"Go!" Lil whisper shouted to me. I slowly nodded my head, and whispered, "Thank you..."

And with that, I took off for the tree. A werewolf, as I had already experienced and learned before, are about 5 times faster than any human, so I had to hurry, and not make a single sound.

I got to the tree, and moved all the thin swinging leaf covered branches, and hide behind the thick tree trunk.

I could still see and hear what was going on, but sometimes the leaves covered my view. And suddenly, I saw hedges completely breaking apart and being ripped out of the ground.

I almost gasped when I saw how furious Bolten was, he had a reason to be so angry, but I needed to get out of here. He was being selfish and only thinking of his own needs being taken care of, but he never thought about what I needed...

And I needed to get out of here, and go home. I played along to his little games, but every game has to end sooner or later. And I chose sooner, because there's no way in hell I'd stay around for later.

I was suddenly brought back to reality when I heard an angry growl and a booming voice yell, "Where is she?!"

I winced at his beyond harsh tone, and hid further behind the huge tree. I dug my nails into the bark of the tree, getting more and more nervous. "Mr. Bolten... Where is who?" Lil asked, and she sounded so innocent and convincing, I almost believed her myself.

"Dont play ignorant with me! Where is she!" Bolten yelled, coming dangerously close to Lil, his face almost red with fury.

"Mr. Bolten, now calm down! I have absolutely no idea what your talking about..." Lil said as her eye brows furrowed with fake confusion, but only I could tell it was fake.

Bolten growled angrily, and tuned around and stormed towards a hedge. He let out an angry roar and ripped it out of the ground like it was a weed.

My mouth fell open, and I almost gasped. I could tell that Lil was starting to get more and more nervous as well. And I tried my best to swallow down all my fear.