Part 10

The Next Morning - Break ends Today.

I woke up this morning with a massive hangover, my head hurt and my body ached. I sat up on the bed and I turned to see Joe sleeping. I suddenly felt like I was going to throw up, I ran into the bathroom and ended up puking in the toliet. This is one thing I didn't miss about drinking.

I wiped my mouth and heard the door open. "You alright babe?" Joe asked, I turned my head towards him and nodded my head. He held out his arms and helped me off the floor. "Let's get you in the bath." Joe drew me a bath and helped me in. He took a cup and poured the warm water onto my skin and he wet my hair. "So today's the day?" I nodded. "Don't worry though, you'll love going back there. I know it." I smiled faintly. He began washing my hair like he usually does and I closed my eyes as he ran his fingers through my soapy hair. "What time do we have to start heading out?" He asked.
"2. It's about a 1 & a half drive out there."
"Okay, and it's only 10:32 right now, we have plenty of time." It sounded like a lot of time, but I know it wasn't. Just a few hours and I'd have to go 3 months without seeing Joe, that wasn't enough time at all. He picked the cup back up and started rinsing my hair again. "What do you want to do today?"
"There's not much to do is there? It's raining out, walks are out and so is touring again." Fuck, I sounded like I didn't give a shit about spending time with him.
"Let's go out for brunch and coffee. That sound good?" It sounded perfect. I nodded my head and smiled faintly. He just had finished rinsing the conditioner out of my hair and finished washing up my body. Joe helped me out of the bath and wrapped me in a towel, I went straight to hug him.
"I love you." I said as I nestled into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me tightly.
"I love you too." I looked up at him and gave him a kiss. Here was another time I wish a moment could last forever. "Let me do you hair, and I'll dress you in something warm so you're comfortable." I was surprised that he even asked to do my hair, but I loved that he wanted to take care of me.

Joe did my hair in two french braids and dressed me in black leggings and a brown long-sleeve sweater.
"You look beautiful." I smiled and kissed him again. I'm really going to miss hearing that everyday. "I love you Cate." There was that sense of peace.
"I love you Joe." He got up from the bed and hugged me once more.

It was around 11:41 when we got to a restuarant, we tried to avoid the rain but it wouldn't let up. I didn't mind though, it reminded me of those romance movies where one of the lovers is already in the cafe, its raining and the other lover finds them unexpectedly at the cafe and just stares at them through the window. Any movie pop into your head?

"I think I'm going to get pancakes and eggs." Joe said, he looked over at me and smiled with his goofy smile.
"Hm, that sounds familiar. I think I'll get the same thing. With two coffees too please." I said to the waitress, she nodded her head and took our menus.
"I'll be right out with that." She said before she walked away.
"Last night was pretty wild huh?" Joe asked, I rolled my eyes.
"I can't believe you got me to drink." I joked.
"You knew you were going too without me even asking." He smirked.
"You're probably right." We both laughed. "It was kind of cool seeing that side of everyone, including Zo, I never thought she'd be one to drink." I told him.
"Oh she isnt. Her and Alfie barely drink, that was the first time I've ever seen her down something that wasn't a fancy glass of wine." We both laughed again.
"What do you think about Oli coming out last night?" I asked.
"I honestly didn't think he'd show. You know, being an total asshole to us, he'd think differently about coming. But when he apologized, I guess it didn't matter after that. What about you?"
"It was weird. But I felt like his apology was genuine. Maybe it was just Oli being Oli in the moment at the house." I explained, Joe nodded his head.
"That was pretty crazy though, that Oli just randomly made up a story about you and him." I nodded my head. Maybe the 'kisses' I gave to Oli gave him the wrong idea. "Nothing happened right?"
"Not really no. I kissed him once because he wouldn't tell me where you guys were & I was getting angry with him, and then I kissed him on the cheek one time." Joe paused and was quiet for a second.
"Okay." That was all that he said.
"Joe we weren't together neither of those times, the first time I didn't even have feelings for you yet. The kisses meant nothing. Oli was the one that took them out of context." He looked up at me, I could tell he was hurt. But they really didn't mean anything, never once did I ever think of Oli as more of a friend.
"Do you promise?"
"I promise Joe. I love you."
"Okay, then I'm trusting you with your word. I love you too." We finally got our food and began eating, I could feel that it was a little awkward between Joe and I, it shouldn't have been. I knew how I felt about Joe, he knew how I felt about him. It was one thing that I know I shouldn't have done.

By the time we finished eating it was already 1. I had one more hour left until we had to start leaving. And I was spending my last hour packing.

"This is yours too." Joe handed me one of my shirts.
"I hate doing this, packing is one of the least fun parts of the trip."
"Tell me about it. Especially since you have so much clothes, that must be a hassle huh?" Joe joked, I turned my head and rolled my eyes at him.
"Hey, a girl can never have too many clothes." I flipped my hair.
"Well then here." He handed me one of his shirts. "You've slept in this one more than once Cate, take it."
"What? You're giving it to me because I slept in it a lot?" I laughed.
"No Cate." Joe laughed back. "I'm giving it to you because I know you like it. It probably smells like me too." He's right, thats why I liked it. "So take it." I grabbed the shirt, and smelled it. I smiled and gave Joe a hug.
"I love you."
"I love you too."

2pm that Afternoon .

"You have everything babe?" Joe asked as we finished loading the car.
"I think so yeah." Joe shut the trunk and I turned back to face Oli, Caspar and Zoe on the sidewalk.
"So I guess this is goodbye." I said, and I stepped over to them.
"I'm gonna miss having you around here Cate, it was nice to have you around again." Caspar said and he held out his arms. I walked into his arms and gave him another bear hug. "Take care of yourself okay?"
"Okay. I love you Caspar." We pulled away and he smiled at me.
"I love you too Cate." I smiled back.
"And Oli. We've had our ups and downs these past few weeks, but I still think you're a good person, regardless of the shit we went through." He smiled at me and I held out my arms. He walked into my hug and I smiled into his chest. I made sure this wasn't a long hug because of Joe, so I pulled away after a quick second.
"Have fun back at University Cate."
"Hey you finally said University instead of thinking it was grade school." I playfully shoved him and he smiled at me, we both laughed then I turned to Zoe. She looked at me and smiled then she started to cry.
"Aw Zo, come here." I pulled her into a hug. "We said we weren't going to cry remember?" She laughed and pulled away. I wiped her tears away and gave her another hug. "I love you Zoe, I'll come back and see you okay? I promise and I'll make sure to call you everyday alright?"
"Okay, I love you too." She smiled at me and everyone stepped back.
"Alright babe, we should get going now." Joe said and he opened the passenger door for me.
"I know." I slowly got into the car and looked at all 3 of them again and smiled. "I love you guys, I'll see you soon." They all smiled back at me.
"Bye Cate!" Zoe said.
"See ya sis." Was Caspar.
"Bye kid." Was Oli. I smiled once more than got into the car. We started driving off and I watched them all disappear in the mirror. As we kept driving, Joe put his hand on my thigh and I held his hand. I'm really going back.

4:30pm - Back at University .

We got here a little later than I expected because apparently Joe said he pulled over so he could let me sleep for a little. We pulled up to the front building where I was supposed to check in. I gave a look at Joe then we both got out of the car.

"You need help bringing some of your bags back to your dorm?" Joe asked.
"No baby, they bring a cart that helps you bring them back at the check-in." He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug.
"I don't want to let you go just yet." I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his chest so I could get one good last smell of his scent. I looked up at him and gave him a kiss. It was a long one, one that'd I'd remember too.
"I love you Joe." I said and placed my head on his chest again.
"I love you Cate." He kissed me on my forehead then hugged me tighter, I felt tears coming on so I pulled away. "Hey, don't cry love. I'll come see you soon okay? I'll drive out here and we can go do something." That made me feel a little better. He wiped my tears and I smiled.
"Okay." I gave him another kiss. "I should probably get going." He hugged me one last time.
"Okay my love." We started unloading my bags from the trunk and a guy came out with the cart for my bags. "Don't look back Cate. That'll only make it just a little harder to leave."
"Okay Joe." I kissed him one last time and smiled. "I love you." He smiled back.
"Go on." He leaned up against the car and motioned me towards the front building. I nodded then smiled and began walking towards the building. "I love you too." He said as I kept walking. I smiled to myself at hearing his voice one last time before I was to leave him. But I didn't look back, no matter how hard I wanted too.

——
i went camping today and im finishing up this chapter as i just sit by the fire. ill keep updating though, i love writing this book sm. -destiny