Part 53

that same night, lilah's pov;

"Geez, it was really that bad?" Sydney asked me, I nodded and wiped away the tears from my face.
"Yes dude. Like I should've listened to you from the get go when you didn't want to go. I felt it was a bad idea and I still went."
"My thing is, like all of the stuff she went through with Scott and how he took advantage of her, for a second did she even think that she was doing it too?"
"I don't think so and that's the sad part. Like I gave in yes, but I told her I didn't want to from the start and she kept begging me and almost forcing. Then when we got into the argument, she wanted to hit with me the 'don't act like you didn't wanna do that with me' like girl what?" I told her, she shook her head and scoffed.
"She seriously has issues, I don't want to be her friend anymore either to be honest." She said, I shrugged.
"It's up to you, don't let what happen to me make it so you aren't her friend either."
"Girl, don't ever think that I'd make choices because of other people. I've just had enough of her shit." I nodded. She wrapped her arm around me. "Ly, we've gotten so close over the last couple of weeks, you know I'd stick by your side no matter what right?"
"I know, and I appreciate that and you. Just what is she going to think? You were her best friend."
"At this point does it really matter?"
"I guess not."
"Exactly. Like I'm just gonna let her do her. She can date Joe again, finish school away from campus, make new friends for all I care. Just she's not doing any of that stuff with me in her life."
"Yeah. I feel you on that. I think she's making a big mistake by dating him again."
"She's not, he is. He shouldn't want to be with her after everything she's done."
"I don't even think he knows though Syd. I barely ever mentioned anything with her and I."
"Well, it just doesn't matter, it's not our problem anymore."
"True. So um, I just had to ask cause it never came up in discussion but, what we're you doing in my dorm?" She smirked.
"Waiting for you to get back..." I rolled my eyes and smiled.
"Sure." She shoved me playfully. "What were you really doing?"
"Ethan and I got into a fight this morning and I just felt like staying here."
"Aw, why? What happened?"
"It was stupid really. We went to a party last night and I got really drunk, he didn't like it and so we got into it. Said some things, you know how it is."
"I'm sorry love." I squeezed her hand. "I just don't understand though, he knows how you are."
"Gee, thanks." She laughed.
"No I mean like, he knows who you are or at least he should by now. Anyone who knows you, knows you love to have a good time, take the party up a notch. He signed up for it so I don't know why he's complaining."
"So you see my point." I laughed. "Nah, I'm just kidding. Sometimes I do get hella drunk though and I shouldn't do it up all the time if I know it makes him mad."
"Syd, never chance yourself for a guy." She smiled. "I wouldn't have half as much fun at parties if it weren't for your crazy ass." She laughed.
"Well thank you. But I don't know, it's different with him. He makes me like want to change, close that chapter of my life. I know he only gets mad because he doesn't want to see me like that, wants what's best for me and he says that. I just still get offended here and then because it's fun for me, a stress-reliever."
"See? Then you know just wait it out. Wait until you're ready to give up that life, and if it brings you joy in your life then that's all that matters. You know for me, I just don't want you to get addicted to it like the alcohol itself and that's where I can see his side cause maybe that's what he means."
"Yeah it is. Like he'll have drinks here and there with me during parties but he watches over me mostly because I get carried away."
"I think you should talk to him, apologize first if he really means that much to you."
"Yeah, I'm gonna, I'll probably go and see him tonight then." She got up from the bed.
"Okay, did you want to stay here after?" She smiled.
"No, I'm gonna give you guys some privacy."
"Who? Me and Ashton?"
"Yeah." I smiled. "He was asking about you at the party. You didn't text him while you were there?"
"Ahh, no sadly. So much was happening that I completely forgot. What did he ask?"
"Just if I had talked to you and what not, but he did mention some things about your birthday."
"What'd he say??"
"You'll just have to find out I guess. But hey, I'll see you later okay?" She leaned down to give me a hug. "You should talk to him too, I heard from a little birdy also that you guys shared a kiss?" I rolled my eyes and could tell I was starting to blush.
"Oh yeah, our grade eight relationship is just magical." She started heading for the door.
"It'll never go pg-13 if you don't text him."
"Okay, okay." I giggled.
"See ya." She smirked before she walked out of the room.
"Bye." I laughed again to myself.