Part 61

cate's pov;

I wiped my mouth before finishing putting my shirt back on. I was sitting on the edge of the bed here at the ravine, I had just a little bit of money left to get me by but I needed another bag. We've been hanging out with this guy that does coke with us, he's got some but I told him I couldn't pay for it. We worked out a deal and I was able to get what I needed thankfully. I started heading for the door.

"Don't you want your shit? Or was that just for fun?" He said, I turned to face him and smirked.
"Right, right. I forgot." I laughed it off, he held out the baggy, I walked over to grab it when he pulled me in and kissed me.
"Let me know if you ever need any more of that." He smirked again, I smiled softly and nodded. I grabbed the bag and quickly left the room. I went and sat next to Kira on the couch.
"Did you get it girl?" She asked and nudged me playfully.
"I sure did." I smiled at her, she gave me a smirk before holding out her hand.
"Well? Are you gonna bust it open or can I?" She joked.
"Shh, shh, I got it." I opened the bag and began lining some up on a tray. I made four, I took two and then passed the tray to Kira.
"Ahh, gotta love that." She said after she did hers. I tilted my head back and nestled up on the couch. "You good girl?"
"I'm alright, I guess. Shit's fucked at home." I told her, she frowned then came over and laid on me.
"Damn, really? Did they find out about the drugs?" I shook my head. "Then what happened?"
"My counselor from university emailed us and basically said I'm a year behind now since I didn't do any work in probably more than a month and I missed exams."
"So man of the house is pissed huh?"
"Oh, big time. He said some really fucked up shit, it was honestly heartbreaking hearing the stuff he said to me."
"Damn girl, I'm sorry. He said hurtful shit over being a year behind?" I shrugged.
"I don't think it was one hundred percent because of school, I just haven't been myself and he's noticed. He called me a liar, a mental spaz, basically told me to get over things that hurt my mentality, I'm sneaky, lazy. So I don't know, I guess they weren't that hurtful, it was just a 'should have been there' kind of conversation."
"Geez, so what are you going to do?"
"I don't know, I don't want to go home to be honest with you. I'm kind of scared, but I left some shit underneath my bathroom sink and I don't want them to find it so I almost have to go home."
"Damn yeah. If you really don't want them to figure out you're doing it then yeah you have to go get it."
"I know, I don't. He mentioned it in the fight, like oh 'what are you going to tell me now? that you're a drug addict? you need rehab?' so like I feel like he could suspect it." I told her.
"I doubt that. He probably just said that for it to be the last thing you could've done that would be terrible. Not that he actually believes you would."
"Yeah, I guess so. It's just fuck. Like I wouldn't even want to go to rehab, he'd send me to where my boyfriend is and imagine that, a couple who's in rehab together. It's just a stupid thought."
"I mean not if you want to get clean. Do you?" She asked, I had to think for a second.
"Not really. It helps me out so much to be real. I actually feel okay and normal after I do it, something I haven't felt in a while actually."
"Exactly girl. We all need to find that peace one in a while."
"What about you?" I asked. "Would you want to get clean?"
"It's a thought yeah. I just have a lot of shit going on at home and in my daily life that I'm a little dependent on it unfortunately, kind of like you."
"Welp, we're fucked." I joked, she laughed.
"Fuck yeah we are." I laughed with her.
"You wanna get out of here?" I asked, she sat up.
"Where to?"
"I don't care, just anywhere but here and home."
"Sure." She said.

joe's pov;

"She's gotta have something here that can tell us where she is, or what she's up to." Caspar said as he started rummaging through Cate's drawers.
"I don't think we should be doing this mate. I know she's been pretty secretive and I can totally understand why you'd want to do this, but she's an adult and she deserves some sort of privacy." I told him, he gave me a stupid look.
"When she lives under my roof and starts deciding she can bring whatever and do whatever without the slightest bit of respect to tell me? That's where I step in." He kept looking through her things. "Check her bathroom." I sighed before walking in and lazily checking her cabinets. There was nothing that looked out of sort. I sighed again before bending down and checking her sink cabinet. I gasped a bit but not so much that he could hear me. The cabinet door was covering part of the doorway, I pulled out a tray with a credit card, one empty bag and another almost empty bag of what looked like coke.
"She's doing drugs?" I whispered to myself, my heart dropped to my stomach and I felt like I was going to puke.
"Find anything mate?" Caspar asked, I snapped out of my daze and hurried to put the tray in and close the cabinet door. I stood up and shook my head.
"No mate, nothing. I told you we wouldn't find anything." He shrugged and sat down on her bed.
"Ugh, I wish I knew what was going on, and it's not like I can ask her, I've tried already." He told me.
"I know mate. Let me talk to her, maybe I can figure out what's going on." He smiled faintly and nodded.
"Okay, thanks mate." He got up from the bed. "I'm gonna go grab some grub, this whole thing can wait for now. You want anything?" He asked, I shook my head. "Okay. I'll be back then." He left the room. I walked over to sit on her bed after he left, I didn't leave the archway of the bathroom until he did just in-case he thought he needed to look himself. I knew this was something I had to talk to Cate about alone, Caspar did need to know about it but I'm not going to out her with this one. It'd be too wrong and then it's just me causing more problems. Maybe if I talk to her myself, I can get her the help she needs with no judgement. Just hopefully she'll be up for talking with me about it.