Part 54

two days later, monday, lilah's birthday and her pov;

I woke up this morning to a knock on my door. I got up, half asleep and walked over to open it. Sydney was standing there with a couple balloons and some cupcakes. I smiled so hard.

"Happy Birthday you bitch!" I rolled my eyes then smirked at her. I went in to give her a hug.
"Gee thanks." I laughed. "Why'd you come so early? It's not even 9 yet."
"I know, I know. I'm sure you wanted to sleep in on your day but unfortunately that's not allowed." She smirked. She walked in and set down the balloons and cupcakes then walked over to my closet and started looking through.
"What's happening? I didn't have any plans today, just something later with Ashton."
"Exactly. But beforehand, I want to spend some time with you. Here how's this?" She pulled out a slim black dress. "It's real cute."
"I forgot I had that."
"Well you're wearing it today." She smirked. She threw the dress to me, I held it up against me in front of the mirror. I turned and looked at her as she went through my dresser, pulling out my white fishnets. "And these, that's so fuckin cute right there." She handed them to me.
"You know, you might be onto something here." She did a eyebrow flare and smirked again.
"Okay, well go put them on, I'll grab your makeup stuff." She started pushing me towards my bathroom and shut the door behind me.

I took my time getting dressed cause I was still soo tired, I splashed water at first then just washed my face to try to wake myself up if I really wasn't going to go back to bed sadly. I fixed my hair back into a better bun then it was before, brushed my teeth then went back out. I'm feeling a bit eh right now and hopefully that'll change throughout the day. I sighed before exiting the bathroom. Sydney had put the radio on and she was sitting on my bed, she patted the ground for me to come and sit in front of her.

"Ooh babe! You look HOT." She said, I smiled and did a little twirl with the end of the dress.
"Well thanks to you I look hot, I didn't have any idea what I'd be wearing today or if I'd even get dressed." I joked.
"Good one. But anywho, come sit, let's do your makeup." I walked over and sat down, she began moisturizing and priming my face to start, I felt my phone buzz.

from; joee !!
'happy birthday ly! i hope you have a wonderful day today, hope to see you soon. best wishes xx'
from; ash ((:
'i can't wait to see you later <3 happy birthday beautiful.'

response to joe;
'thanks joe :) i'll try lol. but yes, see you soon.'
response to ashton;
'me either ugh, i miss you. but thank you <33'

I locked my phone and smiled at the thought of the texts from both of them. I'm really hoping today turns out good, I'm really not feeling the whole birthday thing.

"You excited for today?" Sydney asked me. I smiled again.
"I'm willing to give it a shot." She laughed lightly.
"Just go with the flow, I know it'll be great." I hope so, I thought to myself.

About 15-20 minutes later, she finished my makeup.

"Babe, I love it!" Sydney exclaimed once I looked at myself in the mirror.
"It's cute! Thanks. Just feels really weird, I never wear makeup."
"Yeah, don't worry though eventually you'll forget it's on." I laughed. "What do you want to do with your hair?"
"Curl it?" I said.
"Eh, we could. Here, let me do that too." I sat back down, Sydney ended up straightening my hair and adding two braids up-top that were flowing down. "There, perfect." I looked in the mirror again. I smiled.
"Thanks Syd, I feel so pretty today. I haven't felt this way in a while." I told her, she smiled back at me.
"Don't thank me, it's your special day so you have to look good." She came over to me and put her hands on my shoulders. "But you should feel that way all the time Ly, you're beautiful." I started blushing and looked away from myself.
"You're sweet Syd, thank you." She pulled me into a hug.
"I love you." I looked at her, we've been so close these last couple of months, I've heard Sydney say she loves me, you know just casually but now it really felt like she meant it.
"I love you too." I replied back, there was a pause before we both leaned in. Our lips touched, they were soft together. I grabbed her hips and she cupped my face, we kissed for a couple of seconds before pulling away.
"I love that about us." She said, I gave her a question look. "That we can just do stuff like that with no feelings attached, we're best friends and friends kiss right?" I laughed.
"I mean, it's not normal but it's not abnormal if you get me." I said, she laughed too.
"Yeah, I get you."

Syd stepped away to the bathroom and I sat down on my bed, I felt my lips. I agreed with her, I liked that about us too and I've never thought about Sydney in that way, she's just my best friend but we're so comfortable together that things like that are okay for us. I love her, more than anything and I wouldn't trade this friendship for anything either. I was still in thought when she came back out.

"You okay?" She asked, I looked at her and nodded, quickly pulling away from my lips.
"Yeah, just thinking."
"We're cool right?" I nodded again. She came over and sat by me. "Good, cause I know you're with Ashton, I'm with Ethan so we have boundaries Ly, just let me know if things ever make you uncomfortable."
"You'd tell me if you had feelings for me, right?" I asked.
"Yeah, but Ly you know this about me. I'm straight, I'll kiss a girl here and there and if I ever get the chance, I'd get down with one but I'm not interested in women."
"I know, I was just saying. I've just never had a friend like this." I laughed slightly. "I mean this close to me I mean."
"Well now you do." She laughed. "Come now come on let's forget about it. We've kissed, we've made out, nothing to be weird about." She said and nudged me, I smiled faintly. She got up from the bed and started gathering her stuff. I took a deep breath in before getting up.

We walked down by the parking lot, Ethan was waiting in his car.

"Come on, Ethan's going to be our driver for today." She said, I laughed. We both got in and he started driving away. I sat in the back and Sydney sat in the front, I peered over and saw them intertwine hands.
"Hey, uh happy birthday Lilah." Ethan said, he looked at me through the mirror and smiled. I smiled back.
"Thanks Ethan." It was quiet between conversations for a little, just the music would play. "So where are we going?" I asked.
"I really wanted to get concert tickets for us to go and see the 1975, I know you love them." Sydney turned around and said, I smiled. "Buttt, I wasn't able to so I got the next best thing."
"Which is?" I laughed.
"They're performing at this music festival today! So I didn't have to get tickets!"
"Oh my god no way!! Syd are you serious?!"
"Dead serious, we're on our way right now." I screamed, they both started laughing.
"I can't believe this."
"Ethan pitched in and we had a plan to make this all happen for you." She said.
"Aw oh my god, thank you guys so much. I love you both." I couldn't stop smiling.
"Have you ever seen them before?" Ethan asked.
"No! This is my first time ever going to anything concerty, festivally, musically related." I laughed.
"Well there's a first time for everything huh." He said.
"Just like tonight." Sydney said, she looked over at Ethan, they smirked at each other before laughing.
"What's that mean?" I asked.
"Oh nothing, nothing." She said.
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and laughed with them.

An hour and a half later we finally pulled into the parking lot of the festival, I quickly got out and started looking around, screaming internally.

"Sydney!! Ahh! We're here!" I said, I rushed over to the sign. "Lollapalooza, Kendrick Lamar..Kali Uchis! Drake..The 1975!!" I squealed. "Tame Impala..oh my god." I looked over at them and smiled. "And with..Lana Del Rey?! Guys! I love you guys so much." I pulled them both into a hug. "This is going to be so great, I'm seeing 4 of my favorite artists just in one sitting, I don't know how to thank you." 
"You don't have to thank us Ly, it's your birthday, you deserve it." Sydney said, I smiled at her with tears in my eyes.
"Syd you are completely the best friend I ever had." I pulled her into another hug and kissed her on the cheek. We pulled away and she was smiling. "Come on! Let's go in!!" I grabbed her hand and started running to the entrance.

----