Part 31

That Same Day ; Joe's p.o.v

I plopped down onto the couch and let out a big sigh. We just got back from the hotel and the house was quiet, I'm assuming Cate left with Lilah so she could avoid me when I got back. Caspar came to sit next to me, Ollie had went off to his room.

"Hey, you doing okay?" He asked, I looked at him briefly then looked away.
"Yeah, I guess. I feel better after leaving for a night, I'm sorry I got so out of control mate." I told him, he put his hand on my shoulder and patted me.
"Don't worry about it, I know you're going through a lot."
"So did you talk to her at all this morning?" I asked, not sure if I even wanted to know to be honest.
"Yeah mate." I nodded and sighed again. "You know, I'm not even going to tell you really what was said because it wasn't much. She was just telling me what happened in the situation. But I do have one question, for you I mean." I nodded again. "Why did you cheat on her?" I looked at him and shook my head. "Like I told Cate, I'm not picking sides, you're my bestfriend and she's my sister but the side shit isn't going to happen. I just want to know why."
"I don't know mate."
"Come on man, I love you but there had to be some reason or something going through your mind when it happened, I mean you couldn't have thought there wouldn't be repercussions."
"I don't know what happened Casp, I was bloody drunk through more than half of the times we even hooked up so it wa-"
"You slept with that girl multiple times??" He asked me, I could tell he was starting to get upset, I nodded. "Dude seriously? Does Cate know that?"
"She hasn't even asked me anything about what happened. Not when she found out, not through the weeks that we didn't talk and not when she came here either."
"I mean she read those texts right?" He asked, I nodded. "So I guess she already knew the situation without you having to tell her and regardless, I don't think she wants to know the full extent to what happened."
"It's just how is she not mad?" I asked him. "How does she not hate me for anything that happened?" He shrugged.
"I don't know, but isn't that a good thing?"
"I guess but it's like she just doesn't care, like she never did."
"She does care mate, she still cares for you but it's already over and done with, why do you want her to be hung up about it?"
"Cause I am. I think about it every second of everyday dude, it's stuck on my conscience and I can't help it. Like I know I hurt her, bloody hell I even played a part in being like Scott so why doesn't she hate me?"
"I don't know, I couldn't tell you but at least there's no bad feelings towards each other, no hatred and you should just take that how it is." He told me.
"Do you think she'd ever take me back?"
"Well she said no to you asking her right?"
"Yeah." He patted me again.
"Then I don't think so mate. I'm sorry. And two, she's with Lilah now, you should be happy that she's happy."
"I am, all I want is for her to be happy but I just wish it was with me. I'd do anything to get her back."
"I know mate, but if you really want her you just have to show her by giving her the space she's asking for and let her do her thing with Lilah. I know it's going to be hard watching it or hearing about it but there's nothing you can do at this moment so you just have to wait and be hopeful that maybe she'll come around again. And I agree with her that maybe you guys did rush into things without building a friendship first. Try being a friend to her, Cate's a really good mate at the end of the day and I know she'll appreciate that you're making amends. Get to know her from a friend point of view and see how it goes." He told me, I sighed then nodded. I'll do it, but how can you be just friends with someone you're in love with?

Cate's p.o.v

"Do you think Joe's back at home yet?" I asked before taking a bite of my waffles. We went to a couple shops before we took a break to eat breakfast, we still have some more places to go after. Lilah looked at her phone screen.
"I mean it's almost noon so I would imagine yes? Why?" She took a bite of her eggs, I shrugged.
"I don't know, I just don't want to see him right now, I'm still shaken up with what happened last night. He went crazy, I meant it when I said I saw a side of him that I really don't like." I told her.
"Yeah, I understand."
"Sorry, I know. You're already tired of hearing me say the same things over again."
"Oh shush, you know I like you Cate."
"Okay?" I laughed. "That's not what I mean."
"Well that's what I mean, I like you and I like everything that comes with you." She laughed. "Even if that includes your ex that's going to stick around technically and that's because he's your brothers best-friend."
"Aw, so you do understand." I said, we both laughed again. "No but seriously, thank you. I'm so glad we met and I'm can't thank you enough for sticking around. I like you too, a lot." She smiled and started blushing.

It was hard to figure out what I really felt towards Joe at this time, I wanted things to work as friends because this is just going to cause unnecessary drama within our family. The boys' opinions mattered to me at the end of the day, and for the most part I think I just have to be the bigger person and talk to Joe again. As much as I don't want to, cause to be honest I'd rather just pack up and go back to Uni. But this is also Zoe's weekend, I can't let Joe and I take away her moment.