To Close for Comfort

Courtney's POV

"I'm so sorry, Nash texted us, and he said that we need to go home," Taylor said to me. Aaron looked at him confused at first, but got up. They both left, leaving Sara and I on the couch alone.

"Well, that was weird.." I said my voice trailing off.

"Yeah it was," she answered back. I stared at the empty seat next to me. A minute ago Taylor was here, and now he left. 

"Why don't we go to the mall to get our minds off of this!" Sara suggested. I got up, and we went straight to the mall. 

"We should go get Danielle something," I mentioned, she nodded her head and we went straight to her favorite store, Forever 21. I was searching through the racks, since she's mentioned a long time ago that she wanted a black floral cropped top. I heard a crash, I turned around and I accidently hit someone with the hanger of the shirt I pulled out from the rack. 

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing," I said sympathetically.

"It's okay," I heard the voice, it sounded so familiar. When he turned to face me, I realized it was Brian.

"Hey, I remember you... Courtney right?" he said so easily.

"Yeah.. Hi," I said, my voice was trailing off. I didn't want to talk to him, or ever see him again.

"Can I talk to you privatley?" he asked. I didn't want to be mean and say no, so I just nodded. Sara walked away to search for a new pair of shoes. 

"I just wanted to say that you look beautiful today," he said smoothly through a smile.

"I see what you're doing, you're trying to convince me that you the stereotypical flirty band member that gets all the chicks. You'll flirt with me, then use me, then diss me. This little thing you're trying to pull isn't going to work for me. So just quit while you're ahead," I spat out.

"What are you talking about?" he asked confused.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, I watched you do it to Danielle," I said as I rolled my eyes. I don't have time for this.

"I don't like  Danielle, I was just trying to make you jealous," he admitted.

"You've got to be kidding me," I said through a fake laugh.

"No, I'm not kidding. I think you're so beautiful, and when you stood up to me? No one's ever stood up to me like that before. You're so brave, and strong," he said through a smile. He's trying to flirt with me again.

"Just stop, please you digust me. Go find someone else that cares," I spat out.

"The fact that you're playing hard to get, is making me want you even more," he said through the same smile.

"I'm not playing, I really don't like you," I said as serious as I could. 

"Oh, well this is awkward," he said, his voice started to trail off.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go now," I said pointing away from him. I walked to the back of the store, and finally found the black floral cropped top she's been looking for. I picked it up, then shopped for myself. I found Sara, then we walked to the register to get checked out.

"So what just happened?" she asked suspicously.

"Oh Brian said how he only liked me, he used Danielle to get me jealous," I said with annoyed tone in my voice. 

"Ew, that's so typical," she said as she rolled her eyes.

"I know," I answered back. We checked out, then went straight home. Today was just exhausting, I looked at the clock and it was already six. I went straight to bed, falling face first on to my pillow. I fell asleep almost instantly.

Danielle's POV

I noticed Nash, on his phone, then he just disapeared. I guess he went to go eat, but Matt stayed, with Cameron and I.

"Well, are you hungry?" I asked Matt.

"No, I lost my appetite," he said easily. Courtney has always suspected that he liked me, but I never actually thought he did. He's making it so obvious that he's jealous though.

"Do you guys wanna watch a movie then?" Cameron suggested, since we both knew that Matt wasn't going to leave. 

"Yeah, lets watch 21 Jump Street!" I mentioned. They nodded and we sat down on the couch, I was in the middle. Matt grabbed a huge blanket for the three of us to curl up in. 

"Thanks!" I exclaimed as I wrapped it around my shoulders. He just looked at me, for what seemed like forever, then smiled. 

In the middle of the movie, I felt a hand against my left thigh. I looked to my left, and I realized, that Matt was sitting on my left, and Cameron was on my right. The hand slid further up, rit on the edge of my shorts. I just let it stay there, I didn't move. I felt as if I was frozen, like I couldn't move a muscle. I looked over at Matt, he was watching tv, then I saw him glance over at me. I flashed him a dirty look, but no words came out of my mouth. I wanted him to get off of me, but I still didn't say anything. I felt the hand trail up slowly to the top of my shorts. My heart started beating faster, and my breaths heavied.

"I'll be right back I have to go to the bathroom," I said softly as I quickly pulled the blanket off. Did Cameron see his hand on me? I took a deep breath and walked into the bathroom, and paced around for a second. What the hell is going on? I calmed myself down, the movie is almost over now. I looked at myself in the mirror and took one last exaggerated deep breah. Then I left the bathroom, and walked back to the couch.

"Are you okay?" Cameron asked concerned as he looked at me. He could tell something was wrong, I just couldn't calm my breathing down.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm just having trouble breathing, nothing I can't handle," I said through a fake smile. I sat down in the middle, again, and stared straight at the tv, I tried to calm my breathing down. I felt his hand, this time it went straight to the seam of my shorts. I didn't move, I just sat there and let it all happen. 

"I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back," he said through a smile and kissed my lips swiftly. He left the room, it was just Matt and I. 

"You like the way I touch you, don't you?" he said through a smirk. I didn't say anything. "I knew you would," I felt myself starting to shake, and his hand in my short shorts. 

"Please stop," I said quietly.

"Why? You let everyone else touch you?" he asked through a smirk, I felt his hand slid under my underwear. I took a deep breath, then finally answered him.

"Matt, please I don't like this," I begged. He didn't move, I grabbed his hand and tried pulling his hand out.

"I can always tell Cameron, that you asked for this. I'm sure he'll believe me easier then believing you. I've known him a lot longer," he said through a smirk. 

"No he wouldn't," I spat out and pushed him away from me. I tried to convice myself that he would believe me in this situation, but I couldn't. He was right. 

"Come on, sit down," he said as he patted down the seat.

"No, I have to leave," I said as I walked away. I heard footsteps coming towards me, it was just Cameron.

"Did you miss me?" he asked through a smile. I enveloped him into a hug, his arms wrapped around me, squeezing me closer to him. For the first time, in a long time, I felt safe from the world around me.