The Worst Surprise

*THE NEXT DAY*

I woke up with a back ache, and my phone digging into my side. I rubbed my eyes, but the bright sunlight blinded me since the curtains we're still open. I grabbed my phone, and read the message Matt sent me. 

*Hey! Can you come in today and clean the living room this time? I'll take you out to lunch again.* I read the message and a smile crawled onto my face. I got up, and woke up the girls. Instead of making breakfast, I went to a Starbucks to get breakfast and coffee. We had on similar outfits to what we wore yesterday. I drove back to Cameron's house, since he called it his. We waited at the front door after ringing the small door bell. This time Nash answered it.

"Good morning," he said through a smile and opened the door wide. Courtney walked in first, then Sara, and I entered last. He enveloped me in a hug.

"Hi," I said with an awkward smile.

"Hi," he answered back. I looked up to the bright blue eyes, but no I don't like him. I just like his eyes. 

"I should go clean now, Matt said he's going to take us to lunch again, so I guess I'll talk to you then?" I finally said. I grabbed the rest of my cleaning products that I dropped and walked to the living room. Luckily, Cameron wasn't in there this time. I started the cleaning the windows off and the tv. Sara dusted and picked up trash, and Courtney mopped the dark hard wood floor. The scent of artifical lemon filled the room, as she continued mopping. We finished cleaning the living room at around two this time. I went to go look for Matt, but instead I found Cameron. I went in, maybe I should pretend I went into the wrong room.

"Where's Matt?" I asked.

"I don't know somewhere around here," he said without looking up at me. He was just on his phone, like usual.

"Alright well thanks anyway," I said and started walking towards the doorway.

"Is he your new boyfriend now? I can tell that him  and Nash like you," he said looking up at me.

"No," I said simply.

"Oh ok," he said and went back on to his phone. I took a deep breath and left the room.  He makes me so angry, but I just can't get enough of him. I finally found Matt in his room.

"Hey, we just finished. Do you wanna go out again?" I asked and I held the cold metal door handle in my hand. 

"Yeah sure, do you wanna go get changed?" he asked as he put his laptop away.

"Yeah, I better go do that," I said nervously. Why am I nervous? 

"I'll take you," he said with a smile.

"I brought my car here though," I said with a confusion. I felt someone watching me, from behind. I didn't move, but I knew someone was watching me. 

"I guess that just means you have to come back here then," he said through a smirk. Maybe Cameron was right.

"Alright, I guess that could work. Let me get Courtney and Sara," I said quickly. Almost to quickly, I could barely understand my own words. Atleast I can save money on gas though. 

"Matt is taking us back to the apartment, so get ready!" I said easily. They looked at me confused, but grabbed their stuff anyway. We got into his truck, and he drove us back to the apartment. 

"Just wait here, we won't be long," I said with a smile. I ran to my bedroom and started getting ready. Leaving everything I carried inside on the floor. I changed into a black croptop and a pair of green and white chiffon high waisted shorts with some knee high gladiators. The heat in the summer here, is crazy, but sometimes if you're lucky you'll get a burst of wind every now and then. I quickly curled me hair in loose curls. As I finished up on the last piece. My finger must have gotten in the way, and I burned it. I felt like my finger was on fire. I let out a small scream and ran it under warm water. I finished getting ready with only one hand. Luckily it wasn't my good hand that got burnt. I heard loud footsteps coming towards my bathroom, and a small known on my door.

"Are you okay? Is there a spider you want me to kill or something?" he asked through the door.

"I'm fine, I burnt my finger," I said easily. It wasn't a bad burn. I turned the water off and looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath, and opened the door.

"Hi," I said easily.

"Hey," he said through a huge smile. 

"I don't know if the girls are ready yet," I said simply.

"Alright I'll wait," he answered as he walked back to the living room. Courtney finished getting ready and came in as soon as Matt left the room. Sara was probably still struggling to find an outfit. 

"Courtney, I talked to Cameron today. He said that he thinks that Matt and Nash like me," I whispered to her, since he was in the other room.

"I don't know. I think Nash does, but Matt is probably just being nice since we are cleaning his house," she said easily.

"Come on, lets go girls!" Sara yelled.

"Took you long enough," I said through a laugh and we left the room. Courtney wore ripped up jeans, galaxy vans, and a blue over the shoulder shirt. Sara wore a band t-shirt and shorts with flipflops. Probably last minute outfit since she was starving. We all are. 

"Alright lets go pick up the guys now," he said easily.

"Who's coming this time?" I asked in hopes that Cameron is.

"Nash, Aaron,and Taylor this time," I looked over at Sara and I'm sure she's pissed about her outfit choice this time. Courtney was trying to hide a smile. I kind of expected Cameron not wanting to come. 

"Okay," I said as we all walked to front door. I watched as he jingled the keys in his hands. We went back to the house, and all of us went inside. I went straight to Cameron's and Nash's room. I opened the door without knocking, I didn't even think of what I was doing. When I opened it, I felt like my heart fell to my stomach. Cameron was in the room, with some random girl. 

"I thought you left," he said pulling away from her.

"Matt wanted to take us out again, and I was looking for Nash," I said softly. It was the first lie I could think of. 

"Oh," he said and the girl walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him.

"So you're not coming?" I asked.

"No, I'm gonna chill here with her," Cameron said. I love how this girl doesn't have a name. 

"Is she your girlfriend?" I asked looking at her. She wore a shirt a size to small, and pants a size to big. Her makeup looked like someone put it on her with a blindfold, and her hair was a total mess.

"Yeah, this is Lauren," he said pointing to her.

"Hi, I'm Danielle. Nice to meet you," I said extending my arm out for a handshake. She just looked down at my hand and laughed. Well, I mean I would laugh at her to, but I have enough decency to be nice to someone I just met. 

"Why are you here?" she asked me, but looking at Cameron.

"She's Nash's girlfriend," he said to her softly.

"Actually, I'm not. I can answer my own questions. I'm the maid in this house," I said folding my hands. I hate it when people answer questions that we're meant for me.

"You obviously didn't do a decent job, have you looked at this room?" she said with a disgusted look on her face.

"I'm not wasting my time talking to a low life like you. I just started two days ago, but I'm sure Cameron would love for you to clean this room for him. I mean it does kind of look like you belong in here anyway," I said through a smile. Cameron started cracking up. She just looked at me in shock.

"Danielle, where are you?" Matt yelled. I stopped smiling and walked away, I can't believe I just said that. Yet, I can't believe he has a girlfriend. Every part of me just wanted to just punch her, for taking him from me, but he wasn't even mine in the first place.