The Last Time in LA

I waited for her to reply, I watched as a single tear dripped down her face. 

"How could you not be sure if you're in love with me?" she asked, her voice was so low I could barely hear her.

"I didn't mean to say that out loud..." I admitted to her.

"You didn't answer my question," she finally spoke. 

"I just think everything's happening so fast, I barely know you. How could I be in love with someone I barely know?" she deserves the truth. She stood there for a moment, silent, she seemed fine on the outside, but I could see through her eyes that I hurt her. I heard footsteps coming towards my room, it was Nash, of course trying to come save the day.

"What's going on?" he asked his eyes only on her. She didn't answer.

"We're in the middle of something here, could you please leave?" I asked politely as I possibly could through the most fake smile I could plaster onto my face. 

"No its okay Nash, I was leaving anyway," she answered as she grabbed her keys and walked through the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked following behind her closely.

"I don't need someone that needs to figure out if they love me or not. I'm not dealing with this or you. I'm done," she said as she walked towards the front door, never turning back to look at me.

"Fine, by the way I had sex with Lauren while I was away," I snapped at her. She might as well know that too. She turned to look at me, only one tear streamed down her cheek and then I watched her leave, but this time I didn't stop her. I heard the back door open.

Danielle's POV

I ran to my car as fast I could to my car. I heard footsteps behind me but I kept going I opened the driver side door and sat down and let myself cry. I heard the passenger door open, and I was happy with who was getting into my car.

"Are you okay?" he asked as his hand lightly touched my back.

"I'm great," I said through tears, I tried wiping them away, but they just kept pouring down.

"I'm sorry about him, you deserve better than that," he said as he brushed pieces of my hair away from my face. I tried to pull  myself together, I usually don't let anyone see me cry, but I just couldn't help it. 

"I know, I just thought he was different," I said softly as I let the tears trickle down my face. It was as if my heart dropped to my stomach, or I was in the middle of a heart attack. There was a pain in my chest that wouldn't go away.

"I think you should move back home," I looked over at him as he said the words I knew he didn't want to say.

"But I wouldn't be able to see you then..." I answered back quickly almost cutting him off.

"I know and that would devastate me, they don't treat you the way you should be treated. It'll be easier if you leave before it gets worse," he finally said. He was so selfless, he truly does care.

"I don't have the money to leave right now, I have nothing, remember?" I realized that I didn't have a phone or anything. It would take a while for me to get the money to leave. 

"I'll give it to you," he answered as he pulled his wallet out of his pocket and started searching for money.

"Please don't, how would I return it? I need to do it on my own or something. I can't let you do that," I tried to sound convincing, but I don't think it worked. 

"What are you going to do then?" he asked putting the wallet in his lap.

"I-I don't know, live with my sister I guess," I admitted.

"You can't, you have to go back," he insisted. 

"I don't have a choice," I answered back, I looked over at him again. He continued looking through his wallet.

"Here, this should be enough, think of it as an early birthday present," he handed me the money.

"I can't, it's too much," I pushed his hand away.

"Seriously take it," he put the money on my lap.

"Uh, alright. Thank you Nash," I answered as he opened the passenger door and stepped out.

"You're welcome," he said through a half smile. I watched him walk in front of my car and make his way to the house. I rolled down my window as quickly as I could.

"Wait, can you help me pack?" I shouted to him. He turned around and started running towards the car with a small smile on his face. 

We started packing my stuff at my sister's place, there was a lot. I told her I was going home and she was fine with it. 

"You've been amazing to me, I don't know how I can repay you for any of it. I'm sorry for choosing him over you," I broke the silence.

"It's alright, don't worry about it seriously," he answered back as he starting putting clothes into my suitcase. Why couldn't I have chosen him, I thought Cameron was perfect, but he clearly was imperfect. He broke me, completely broke my heart. I'm not one to cry over a break up, but this one was just so unexpected, just too much to handle at one time. I want to hate him, I don't want to love him. I wish I never wasted time on someone so arrogant. How could he not know if he was in love with me? I just don't get it, and now I don't need to. 

He carried the suitcases to the car, and gave enough money to bring my car back home with me. He drove me to the airport that I never thought I'd be going back to. 

"Well, I guess this is it then," he said as he took my suitcases out of the car.

"Thank you for everything, I'm so grateful to have met you here," I answered as I looked up at him and pulled back my hair into a ponytail. We started walking to the front desk, as we waited in line to get a ticket there was a silence. 

"So, when will I be seeing you again?" I asked him, anxiously waiting for his response. I felt a hand hold onto mine, and I looked at him, his lips were parted, just about to speak.