The Worst Visit

Danielle's POV

I started unpacking my things, I just realized that my phone was shut off since I couldn't afford to pay for the bill. How could I possibly think that a cleaning job would give me enough money to pay for what I need? I tried turning on my phone but it was dead, then I realized I left the charger at the apartment. I should've known I was going to forget something, I always do. 

"What iPhone do you guys have?" I asked my sister and her boyfriend.

"We both have the 6" she answered back. Shit. The charger wouldn't work since I have the 4, and I guarantee that the door is already locked. How am I supposed to get a hold of him? Should I just go to the house? I mean it has been a few days so maybe Cameron's home. I decided to go there just in case he was.

When I arrived, I couldn't stop thinking about what Matt did to me, all the words he said, how awful he was. I walked to the front door, took a deep breath, then knocked on the door. Please don't let it be Matt. I watched as the door slowly opened, it was Nash.

"What happened to you?" he asked as he cracked the door so I could only see him.

"I could ask the same question," I answered back, I noticed he had a faded black eye.

"Um, don't worry about me, but where did you go?" he asked, trying to change the subject. I couldn't stop staring at the faded purple eye.

"Well, I remembered that my sister lives near here so I moved in with her instead," I informed him. I knew I shouldn't have left without saying where I was going, but I just didn't feel comfortable being in the house.

"Well I'm happy you found somewhere to go," he answered through a smile. 

"Thanks, but where's Cameron? I couldn't get a hold of him because my phone was turned off.." my voice trailed off as I continued to speak just wondering where he'd be. I missed him, even though it was only a few days that went by. I heard footsteps coming from behind the door. My heart raced as I heard them come closer. 

"I should go," I told him and started walking away.

"Danielle?" I heard a familiar voice from behind me, I turned around and there he was. 

"Yeah?" I asked, I started walking toward him. I studied him, looking over every part of him that I missed. Then I noticed that his knuckles were red.

"Where have you been? I tried calling you, but your phone wasn't working," he said softly. I was completely embarrassed with myself, embarrassed of the entire situation.

"Well, we got evicted and I couldn't afford to do really anything," I finally admitted. I couldn't look at him as I admitted this to him. I was just so embarrassed of myself that I was scared that he would view me differently.

"Where are you staying now then?" he asked impatiently.

"With my sister, she had an extra room there," I answered him back. I noticed he started walking closer to me, his fingers gently running up my arm then he embraced me into a hug. 

"I'm just happy you're okay, but why didn't you want to stay here?" he asked as he held me close to him. I could feel his arms squeezing me closer and tighter to him.

"Well, I was going to, but I just didn't feel comfortable," I answered back, my voice was low.

"Why wouldn't you want to stay here? Don't you want to be with me?" he asked impatiently, I could hear the anger in his voice.

"I do want to be with you, I just didn't think it was the best idea to live here. Especially with Matt, he um took advantage of me while you were away," I finally told him. I hope he'll believe me this time. 

"Are you kidding? Come on, just come inside," he laughed and grabbed my wrist and lightly pulled me to the door.

"Cameron I'm serious, ask Nash about it," I tried to convince him, but I hate how he won't believe me.

"Matt wouldn't do something like that.." he answered back easily as we walked up the steps and through the front door. I looked around to see if he was there, luckily he wasn't. I just can't believe that he won't believe me. 

"Nash," I whispered to him as I broke away from Cameron's loose grip.

"Did you tell him what happened?" he answered back softly.

"He won't believe me, you have to tell him what happened," I whispered to him.

"What are you two talking about?" Cameron asked as he walked over to us standing in between the space between Nash and I. I looked over at Nash to see if he would say anything.

"Nothing, I'll talk to you later about it," he told him easily. I smiled at him to thank him, but I still didn't understand why his eye was faintly purple and why Cameron's was red.

"What happened to your knuckles?" I asked him as we sat on the bed.

"Oh nothing," his voice trailed off. I just shrugged my shoulders and leaned over to kiss him softly. I just wish he'd believe me. 

"How come you haven't called me for a few days? I was worried about you," he pulled away from my lips and I could feel his breath as he talked to me.

"I told you my phone was off, I'm sorry," I answered back. I knew he wouldn't understand.

"I just don't understand how you could be so irresponsible. How could you not pay your bills?" he asked his continued to talk as he was inches away from them.

"Well the only jobs we had were hear and its not like we made a lot here," I answered back easily. Then again, why would I depend on this job for our source of income?

"That wasn't smart now was it?" he asked.

"What's your problem? Is it really because I didn't call you? I'm here now, can't you be happy about that?" I snapped.

"I just don't think that was a good idea," he answered back.

"Yeah, well neither was the idea of me coming here. I'm leaving now, don't bother chasing me," I spat out. I should've known that he was going to be mean to me sometime. I mean he was rude when I first met him, how could I possibly think he changed?