chapter nine | little secrets

The afternoon was passing by slowly, the dreary weather not helping one bit. Their lunch spot outside was not an option for them, not only from the weather, but also given the circumstances between the five.

Oliver was eating lunch with Violet when he spotted Andrew sulking at the Gryffindor table. Eliza sat beside him, eating her food, ignoring Andrew. Oliver was sure that Eliza was already fed up with him after what happened in Potions and with the duel.

"It's his fault, you know," Violet told Oliver, drinking some water.

"Yeah, I know," he responded. "I wish he would stop pouting about it, though."

Violet rolled her eyes. "He'll get over it."

The two continued to eat their lunch in silence. Once they were done, they headed out of the Great Hall, waiting for their other friends to see what they wanted to do next.

Jacob was the first one out. "So, what shall we do today?" he asked his Ravenclaw friends.

"Well, we're not going swimming in the Black Lake, like you keep suggesting," Oliver answered.

"Oh, you guys are such wimps," Jacob retorted.

"You just want to impress someone," Violet spoke up, raising her eyebrows.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Whatever, Vi."

"That's totally the reason why," Violet whispered to Oliver.

He chuckled. "Sure it is."

Andrew was next to exit the Great Hall, but he immediately walked past his friends, which confused the other three. "Where the hell is he going?" Violet questioned.

"To the Quidditch pitch," Eliza stated as she strolled towards her friends. "The Gryffindors are having their tryouts today, despite the cloudy weather."

"And he's going to watch them so that he can be even more depressed that he can't try out for the team this year?" Jacob implied.

"That's exactly what he's going to do," Eliza answered. "Come on. We might as well go join him."

Eliza led the others out to the Quidditch pitch where the Gryffindors were all messing around in their uniforms with their brooms in hand, chattering. Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley were standing in front of them, trying to get their attention.

"Okay, everyone! Quiet, please!" Harry attempted, trying to get everyone to be quiet.

"SHUT IT!" Ginny yelled, making everyone stop talking and look at her, even Oliver and his friends.

Harry looked at Ginny and awkwardly nodded his head. "Thanks." He looked back at the ones trying out for the team. "Now, just because you made the team last year, does not mean you will make it this year for sure. Is that clear?"

"Why does it not surprise me that Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley are co-captains for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team this year?" Jacob questioned as they walked to the bleachers.

"Well, they are the best players," Eliza pointed out. "We all know that."

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Sure, you Gryffindors can think that all you want."

"I don't think Hufflepuff House really has many victory parties after a Quidditch match, do they?" Oliver intervened, smirking and raising his eyebrows.

Violet and Eliza snorted, grinning. "He's got a point," Eliza stated.

"Okay, make fun of Hufflepuff House all you want, but I'm pretty sure Hufflepuff is better at Quidditch than Ravenclaw House." Jacob nudged at Oliver and Violet.