chapter fifty | the battle begins

Mary hated the fact that she had to leave her friends again just after a brief reunion. It just showed that everything was becoming more and more uncertain as the night went on, along with a battle just about ready to unfold among them.

When the sounds of shouting spells faded, Mary began to slow down her pace, finally coming to a stop once she was completely alone. Panting, she looked around for anyone else to show up and catch her by surprise by throwing a hex her way. Nevertheless, she would be ready for enemies still lurking in the castle.

She looked at the wall in front of her, realizing how familiar it was. Taking a closer look, that was when she remembered her times with Draco just on the other side of the wall as they fixed the Vanishing Cabinet. "The Room of Requirement," she muttered.

"Mary?" a voice spoke up from behind her.

She turned around and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Harry?"

"What are you doing in front of the Room of Requirement?" he asked, stepping towards her.

"No reason," she admitted. "We ran into Blaise and things were about to get bad. Oliver told me to go while he and the others fend him off." She paused, sighing. "What are you doing here, of all places?"

He merely stared at her, then faced the wall. "I'm looking for something." Harry closed his eyes, whispering just low enough that Mary couldn't understand what he was saying. Before she knew it, the wall in front of them began to disappear, where the entrance to the Room of Requirement stood. Harry began to walk inside. "Come on. Maybe you can help me look for it."

Mary obliged and followed him inside.

The room was cluttered more than ever before, with more piles and piles of things lined up at every possible available space. Like the last time she was in here, it was dark, showing no sign of light coming from any direction. It became an even more complicated maze, taking numerous turns as the two of them got deeper into the room.

"What exactly are you looking for?" she asked.

"A diadem," he answered. "Ravenclaw's, to be specific."

Seeing as Mary had no idea what he was talking about, she found herself being useless. "You do realize I have no clue what that looks like, right?"

Harry scratched his head. "Well, just be on lookout, in case anyone else shows up."

Mary nodded her head and held her wand with a firm grip, keeping it up in front of her. She occasionally shifted her eyes towards Harry as he continued looking at the piles of things. Finally, he stopped in his place and shifted his eyes towards one spot in particular. Scanning the pile, he walked towards it, his eyes focused on a box. He carefully opened it, revealing an eagle-shaped crown with small, silver jewels filling the wings and three blue stones in the center.

"It's beautiful," Mary commented.

"Yeah, it is," Harry responded, letting his finger lift the tiara.

"Well, well," a third voice spoke up, in which the two jumped and looked up to see Draco Malfoy standing there with his wand pointed at them, along with Crabbe and Goyle. "What brings you here, Potter?"

"I could ask you the same," he replied.

Mary put her wand down. "Draco?"

The blond boy gave her a surprised look. "Mary?"

Not this again. "Did you follow us?"

He stood his ground, looking at Harry once again. "Potter has something of mine, and I'd like it back."

When Fire Meets Gasoline | Wizarding Worldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें