chapter four | en route to hogwarts

The first day of September rolled around a lot quicker than expected for everyone. Oliver had packed the majority of his things the night before. His parents didn't even come upstairs to help him. It didn't really matter, anyway, because Oliver didn't want or need their help. He was able to do everything on his own, like he had been doing ever since he began attending Hogwarts.

Oliver finished packing up his trunk and was heading downstairs when he heard the doorbell ring. He rushed down to go answer the door and smiled when he saw Eliza standing there. "Ready to go?" she asked him.

"You know it," he replied, smiling back at her as he grabbed his trunk. He left for King's Cross with Eliza and her parents in their car, something that Eliza knew how to drive. Oliver never really tried to learn how to drive a car, feeling like he didn't need to know. But it wasn't like his parents would teach him, anyway, like Eliza's parents did. She was exceptionally good at it, which didn't surprise Oliver one bit, because Eliza was good at everything.

Oliver and Eliza bid her parents goodbye and grabbed their things, loading them onto carts and heading inside King's Cross Station. The two spotted Andrew with Sarah as they were heading towards the platform. Sarah took her cart and ran through the wall, disappearing before everyone's eyes. Andrew followed her and was gone as well.

"I'll see you on the other side," Eliza said to Oliver, making a running start towards the wall.

Oliver followed her and saw the Hogwarts Express right before his eyes. Nothing ever changed about the train. Even if something was different about the train, Oliver would still be happy to see it still running. He caught up with Eliza and loaded his stuff on the train. Once that was done, they two waited for Andrew to help out Sarah. He let her go on the train and approached Oliver and Eliza.

"I've been ready to go back," he said, a smile on his face.

"Ditto," Oliver added.

"You better wait for us!" Jacob shouted, pushing his cart while Violet was sitting on his trunk, letting Jacob push her around.

"Well, Vi, you certainly made an entrance," Andrew stated.

Violet jumped off Jacob's cart and smiled. "Did you expect anything less from me?"

"No, not really," Andrew replied.

Jacob loaded his things onto the train and let Violet and Eliza get on board first, followed by Andrew, then Oliver. While the other four were talking and laughing while looking for a compartment, Oliver spotted Harry, Ron, and Hermione heading their way. Oliver swallowed hard and wanted to go up and talk to Hermione, but something was holding him back.

It's not that hard to go up and talk to the girl that you fancy, he thought.

"Ollie, you're drooling again," Jacob stated.

Oliver shook his head. "You can't steal Vi's line, Jake," he said, sliding a door to an empty compartment and walking inside, sitting by the door.

"Yeah, you can't steal my line, Jake," Violet added, hitting him on the back of the head, taking a seat across from Oliver, followed by Eliza, who sat next to her.

Jake groaned and rubbed the back of his head as he sat down by the window. "Did you have to hit me so hard?"

"She should've hit you harder," Andrew said, sitting across from him.

"Shut up, Andrew," Jacob retorted.

Before they knew it, Hermione was standing in front of their compartment. Oliver opened the door and all he could do was stare at her.