Chapter 83

Harry's POV:

"I didn't have any eggs or sausage," Louis groans as he's easing into consciousness. His hair is a mess, his bare feet padding against the old wooden floors as he comes to a stop at my side. He doesn't wrap his arms around my waist like I wish he would, he doesn't kiss me good morning or question why I left him alone in the bed. Instead he just eyes the food hungrily and holds onto the counter for drowsy support.

"I jogged to the market and got some," I shrug, grabbing a spatula to turn the eggs around in the pan. They're almost ready to eat.

"It's eleven in the morning. You were awake at least an hour earlier than that?" He asks in disbelief. I don't tell him that I never actually went to sleep, never taking my eyes off of his slightly parted lips and his rosy cheeks flushed from his slumber. He doesn't let me stare at him when he's awake, and I don't know how long this will last, so I took in every detail.

In the least creepiest way possible.

"I always get up this early for a run," I say instead. Eleven a.m. is early for him, but I've been up for hours. I had snuck out of bed early in the morning, up even before the sun, to call Sam and ask him to pet sit for me. I plan to stay in London for a few more days, at least. That is, if Louis refuses my attempts at getting back together.

And it's not even about getting back together anymore. It's about stopping Louis before he spirals out of control. He's on a dangerous road, and all I can do is hope that he takes my detour.

"Well I don't because I am a normal human being and not a robot," Louis yawns. He runs a hand through his hair and makes his way to the table, sitting down at the place I've set for him.

"You didn't have to do this." He's staring wide-eyed at the variety of juices in front of him, gaping at the bowl of fruit for the two of us and at the neatly arranged plates and napkins.

"What else am I going to do? Besides, breakfast is my specialty," I insist. I didn't mind doing this at all. I just enjoyed having something to do. I like taking care of people I care about, and the animals don't fully satisfy that want.

"Well it looks delicious," he gives. I smile as I turn back around to shovel the eggs onto the plate.

I set the plate of eggs in front of Louis.

"Take your time, but after you finish get ready. I'm going to take you out today."

...

"You should really tell me where we're going before I explode in curiosity," Louis presses once again. I tuck my hands in the pocket of my coat and steal a glance at Louis.

He decided on wearing a dark blue denim button-up long sleeve, the sleeves rolled up to a three quarter sleeve fashionably. I had laughed when he asked me to roll them up for him after struggling for ten minutes trying to do them himself. The shirt is unbuttoned, a plain white tee underneath. He spent nearly half an hour working on his quiff, and it still managed to fall in the first few blocks of walking. I resist the urge to fix it for him, knowing that I would be crossing that line.

I don't know where a night full of sex falls according to that line.

We're both walking strangely, Louis especially. I try to not think about how hot he looked riding me in my lap, because I really don't want to have to adjust my pants. And this day isn't about that.

"I told you, it's a surprise." More than one surprise, but that itself is also a surprise.

"Come on, we're turning left right here," I guide. I don't necessarily mean to, but I reach around him and lay a hand on the other side of his waist to turn his body to the left. He doesn't tense, doesn't say a word even when I remove my hand from his side. He did have my hands all over him last night, though, in worse places. So I guess that it's not too bad.