Chapter 29

TW: side character self harm (off screen) 

there will be a safe blurb at the beginning of the next chapter for those who choose to skip! 

Harry's POV:

Louis chooses a movie about zombies, which honestly doesn't surprise me. He has a thing about dead people rising. I don't mind as long as he doesn't insist on zombie role playing. I laugh at the ridiculous thought.

Louis gives me directions to the movie theater and I park in the large parking lot in front of the fancy cinema. After buying tickets, popcorn, and a slushie - the popcorn for me, the slushie for Louis - we hand the guy at the booth our ticket and he tells us which door to enter.

"Did you know that cherry slushies are great for making out," Louis teases as we walk hand in hand into the theater.

"I'm serious," he adds. "It really adds flavor." I pinch his side and he squeals, earning a few shh's from the audience.

"I wonder if they know that the movie hasn't started yet." I half whisper and half laugh.

Louis and I choose a seat in the front section and sit. He lazily drapes his left leg over my right one and I smile to myself at the simple contact.

People trickle in until the lights dim and the curtains retract, making the screen even larger. A few whispers and shuffling is present but other than that the room is silent. I look at Louis out of the corner of my eye, he's staring intently at the screen, the bright light reflecting off of his face and illuminating him in a faint white glow. He's beautiful. I feel a tug at my heart.

Halfway through the movie Louis offers me some of his now watery slushie and I smile as he holds it to my mouth. I offer him some popcorn but he shakes his head, I suppose his piercing still hurts.

I notice Louis' hand resting on the armrest between us so I set mine on top of his, grinning as he twists our fingers together. At this rate my cheeks will hurt from smiling too much. Not that I'm complaining.

By the end of the movie I've fallen asleep with my head on Louis' shoulder and he tugs on my hair to wake me up. "Harry it's over," he wakes. I groan and nuzzle into his shoulder even further.

"What else do you want to do today? We still have eight hours to waste." I sigh.

"Sleep." I murmur. Louis laughs, his body shaking the both of us. I try opening my eyes but they're heavy with sleep.

"Okay, but not in a movie theater." He runs his finger up and down my side until I finally jerk away from him, giggling.

I stand up and stretch, grunting loudly as my muscles loosen. I run my fingers through my hair and turn to Louis. "Are you ready?" I ask. I look around, we are the only ones in the theater.

Louis nods and smiles, his lip piercing doing cruel things to me. I want to kiss him but I remember his piercing. 

"Hello?" I'm so lost in my thoughts that for a moment I think Louis is talking to me, but then I see the phone against his ear. His brow creases and he chews on the inside of his lip. Curiosity fills me as I wonder who and what is causing him to feel this way.

"Yeah, yeah I'm listening. - Calm down okay? - I'm with Harry. - Okay. We'll be there in a minute." He sighs and clicks the call off.

Louis turns to me. "Do you mind if we stop by Will's place? He wants to see me for some reason, he said it was urgent." Louis speaks as if it's no big deal but I can tell that it's worrying him greater than he'll let off.

"Of course." He grabs my hand and we make our way to the car. 

Louis lets go of my hand after we get into the car, and taps his fingers on his bouncing knee instead. He is blinking rapidly and I put my hand on his knee to relax him. "Hey, hey. It will be okay." I assure him.