Chapter 5

Louis' POV:

My stomach lurches, the drinks I engulfed earlier coming back up. I bend over just in time to dodge the mess spewing from my mouth. I try to call after Harry but my body demands something else.

I rush to the restrooms and miserably stand there leaning over the toilet.

I feel deep regret over the bet I made with Harry. My mind wishes to think about him but I'm busy with my insides bursting from my mouth.

I lean against the stall door when I'm almost positive the attack on my body is over and wipe the sweat from my forehead.

My head is filled with the image of the curly haired boy asking me to dance.

Harry's POV:

I'm wearing loose grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt. I've been wearing them since five in the afternoon, when I decided to go jogging after I gave up sleep. My mind wanted to stay up even though I commanded it to do the opposite. This is the second time I haven't been able to sleep; hopefully I won't make a habit out of it. I swear it's London; something about it throws me off.

I grab Will's washed pants from the passenger seat and head inside away from the cold. I hurry quietly past Geoffrey's closed door. The last thing I want is to have a conversation with him.

I make my way through the back of the club the way I remembered, hoping that Will is somewhere to be found. 

He's sitting on the ledge under the lockers, his head in his hands. He looks up at me as I approach, his eyes red rimmed and dark circles are under his eyes.

"Are you okay?" I ask. My words make him put his head back between his legs. He groans lightly in pain.

"Killer headache," he mutters quietly.

I nod, not wanting to upset his head. "So..." I begin whispering, "I brought your pants."

At first he doesn't respond and I begin to assume that he didn't hear me. Then he holds out his hand and I hand him the pants. He doesn't ask why I didn't come back last night.

"Your clothes are in my locker. I'll get them later." I nod again before realizing that it was a pointless action, he can't see me from his hunched position.

Finally he speaks, "I'll show you where we practice."

"What you're wearing now is fine, great actually," he says with difficulty. His voice is rough.

I look at his attire, comparing it to mine. He's wearing bright yellow shorts and a black long sleeve shirt. I can't comprehend how or why he chose shorts in this weather.

We walk through a few hallways and a couple doors until reaching a medium sized gym. The floors are a soft blue material and a few workout machines are scattered here and there.

He pushes through thick glass doors and immediately kicks off his shoes. "I'd take those off before you're yelled at." His socks match his shorts.

I do as he says and swallow the questions I don't dare ask.

We sit on the mat and stretch as people begin trickling in, all of them taking their shoes off and making a pile where Will and I left ours.

"Ah Harry right? You're the newbie." A guy speaks as I'm touching my toes.

"Yeah that's me." I stand up and look him in the eyes, we are the same height. Thin muscles line his arm. Why is everyone here so buff?

He holds out his hand and I put my hand in his, shaking roughly.

"Welcome to hell," he states. I can't help the nervousness rising from the pit of my stomach.

He laughs. "I'm kidding. Will told me you were fun to mess with."

The largest out of the bunch of us speaks out. "Alright, let's get started."

After practice, Will stands up and shuts his locker. His face looses all humor for a moment. "Listen." He looks me in the eye. "I'm not prying or asking, but last night with Louis..."

Fear threatens to stop my pulse in that exact moment. I'm a dead man. I desire nothing else. 

"I really don't care about how you going off with him, you weren't technically working anyway. But you and Louis...." He seems to loose his train of thought for a moment. I realize quickly that he has no clue what me and his brother did after we left the room, and my heart starts beating steadily once more. 

"Just... don't hurt him. Okay? Wait no that wasn't a question. Don't hurt Louis. Got it?" I nod quickly. I don't like this serious side of Will. It's far from the bright, laughing Will giving his friend a lap dance for his birthday last night. 

"Sorry, but I don't want him going there again." Again?

I feel the need to cover up for myself. "Me and Louis aren't a thing. I'm straight."

Will chuckles. "Who here are you trying to convince? Me or you?"

I'm straight and I don't see why he wouldn't believe that. 

Friendly Will is back as he laughs again, clamping his hand on my shoulder. "Come on, I don't know about you but I'm tired."

Louis' POV:

I lean against Will's shiny car, trying to bury myself in my jacket. It's freezing out here. Where is he anyway?

As I'm debating whether or not to go in there and drag him out myself the big door opens with a squeak, Will and Harry emerging. I can't hear their conversation but I can see that they are laughing from here.

"Took you long enough," I tease as they near.

Will punches my shoulder. "You were the one that offered to pick me up."

Harry stands a little bit back from us, his hands in his pockets. He looks nervous. Wonder why? 

Will shivers. "Alright now let's go before my toes fall off."

I pry my eyes away from Harry and look at Will. I make a quick decision. "You go ahead, I need to talk to Harry."

Will and Harry exchange a look I don't understand. Will rubs his hands together and holds his hands out for the keys.

"You alright Harry?" Will asks. Harry nods.

He turns back to me. "How are you going to get home?"

"I'll take you." I'm a little surprised at Harry's offer but nonetheless warmed at the thought of us in a car together.

Will gives us one last nod and pulls out of the parking lot.

I look at Harry, who seems to be kicking gravel. "Alright then. How about we go inside?"

~~ Author's Note ~~

So the question of the day is who's your favorite character so far? I know you haven't met many but you have to have at least oneeee. I think my favorite is either Louis or Will because Louis is funny and Will is adorable and quirky. I look forward to hearing from you guys!!