Chapter 23

Louis' POV:

"Where are we going?" I ask again. My past attempts at getting him to answer have been in vain but I still persist.

"Harry pleaseeeee." I whine, enjoying the amused smirk on his face. It looks good on him. Small curls try to escape from his beanie and I have to restrain myself from reaching out and touching them.

Harry drapes his hand over the barrier of cup holders between us and grabs my hand. That shuts me up.

I stare at him the rest of the way, trying to make him uncomfortable enough to answer. He doesn't but allows a small chuckle now and then.

I feel the car halt abruptly and Harry lets go of my hand. He twists the key until it retracts. He turns towards me, a bright smile on his face.

"Are you ready?" I nod, eager to see what restaurant has him this excited.

Harry gets out of the car and I follow lead. He reunites our hands again when we meet at the front of the car.

I know it's wrong, but I want him to let go. I love when he holds my hand, but we are in public and whereas I'm not embarrassed to be seen with him, I don't want him to have to deal with any stares or bad responses.

There aren't any stares, though, as we walk hand in hand across the street. He is leading us in the direction of a building with a big neon sign reading "18th Street".

Harry looks at me, his face full of admiration. I smile a little too much and squeeze his hand. I like seeing him this way, all happy and giddy.

He leads me inside and I sigh as the warmth hits me. "Table for two? Booth or table?" The guy behind the small podium asks.

"Yes please. And booth." Harry lets go of my hand as we squeeze through the crowd. This place is really busy, so it must be good.

The man lays two menus down and motions to us. "Your waiter will be here momentarily." Harry thanks him and sits down in the seat opposite to mine.

I pick the menu up and begin to browse the options. "What are you getting?" I ask Harry, who hasn't opened his menu yet. Harry smiles.

"I got a pepperoni and sausage pizza last time. It was great." I smile back at Harry and close my menu.

"Alright then. Pepperoni and sausage pizza it-" I'm interrupted by a sharp shrill. An old lady pushes her way through the crowd and stops at our table.

"Harry!!!" She shouts, clearly excited. I give Harry a confused look but he's not paying attention to me as he stands up and gives her a hug. She takes him in and sits down.

Harry absentmindedly puts his hand on mine where it rests on the table. I smile at him. He twists our fingers together and rubs circles in my hand with his thumb. I nudge my foot with his playfully.

Ivy gasps. "Well I've never...." Her eyes are wide and focused on our intertwined hands. I yank my hand out of Harry's and pull my foot away.

Harry is obviously curious as to why I pulled away but he turns his attention to Ivy instead. "Ivy, aren't you going to take our drink orders?"

Ivy's eyebrows are pulled together, her lips in a tight line. "Of course," she spits, suddenly annoyed.

"I'll take a Cherry Lime-Aid," Harry smiles sweetly. Ivy gets up from the booth and crosses her arms.

"We are out." Harry raises an eyebrow.

"How? Last time you said that no one ever orders it." Ivy grimaces.