Chapter 58

((Before you read this make sure you read the chapter prior to this, I did a double update the other day but I don't think everyone read both chapters so just make sure you're caught up before reading! Chapter 57 isn't showing up for some devices so if it's not working for you go to my account and make sure you're following me and then go to the story title page and read the chapter there!))

Louis' POV:

I wake up with two strong arms wrapped around my waist, a head on my chest. I don't dare move in fear of waking him up.

Our legs aren't intertwined but they're touching all the way to our toes. I smile so big that I feel that my cheeks might crack.

"You awake?" Harry murmurs. I run my hands through his hair. He adjusts his position and presses tighter into my side. I earn a small hum of approval with every stroke of his hair.

"Nope." I feel around for his forehead, and then up into his hairline. His hair is sticky and tangled. Harry chuckles against my chest.

"Probably need a shower. Are you up for it?" I groan at the thought of getting up. I don't want to leave Harry and I bet my arse is going to hurt like hell when I do. It's okay now, but I don't want to push it.

Harry tilts his head up and presses his nose against my cheek. His curls tickle my jaw.

"I love you." He whispers, as if it's our secret and ours only.

I kiss his forehead, smelling the faint scent of cherry in his hair.

"Diddo."

Harry freezes. I laugh.

"Kidding. I love you. A lot." I close my eyes in pleasure as Harry's lips connect with the skin on my chest. He sucks softly, just enough to leave a bruise. His tongue runs over the harmed skin and he repeats the process over and over until I'm showered in love bites.

"Harry...." My cheeks are flushing with the intimacy of his lips and I play with the messy curls at the nape of his neck.

Harry tosses his leg over my waist and leans over me, still giving me kisses. The love bites turn into lingering lips, and then he's peppering light kisses to my neck.

Finally it gets too much and I redirect his head to meet mine. We lock eyes and I continue tangling my fingers in his hair.

He reaches out to put his hand down on the mattress to support himself, ten immediately winces. He rolls off of me, laying on his back and staring at the ceiling. I can tell that something else is bothering him, causing him more pain than his hand is.

I turn on my side to get a better look at him. His face is a light pink, his lips puffy and a bit blue, his hair messier than it's ever been.

He's gorgeous.

"What's bothering you?" As if I couldn't guess.

Harry sits up, the blankets falling to his waist and revealing a lot of skin.

His eyes trail to the ground, then to his hand. He flexes it, winces, then speaks.

"I just hate hurting people," he whispers. His voice is hoarse.

It's my fault that he hurt Nick. I shouldn't have left his penthouse on an angry rage, I shouldn't have gone to Aaron's party, I shouldn't have found Nick or hit him. It reminds me of how I constantly hurt people. It sucks.

"When I saw Nick over you and..." He shivers despite the heat made between us the covers. "I didn't even care who it was hurting you, it was like I snapped. For a minute or two all I could think about was how I wanted him dead. And then it stopped when you called my name, and everything just vanished and Nick's blood was on my hands and my mind was screaming at me to run."