Chapter 66

IF YOU WANT YOU CAN LISTEN TO "TAKING OVER ME" BY EVANESCENCE IT GOES GREAT WITH THIS CHAPTER OKAY RESUME READING ILY

Louis' POV:

The weather hasn't been kind these past few days. It has rained heavily on and off, filling the streets with dirty rainwater and putting everyone in a bad mood. I'm completely soaked by the time I get to the shelter of the parking garage, tossing the hood of Harry's sweatshirt off of my head and shaking the few droplets off of my fringe.

I know exactly where I'm going, and reach my destination within a few minutes.

I'm at Nick's apartment. The place brings back many unpleasant memories that make me cringe. I hate the time I spent with Nick, and if I could take it back I would.

Nick isn't here, of course, but I didn't drive here for him. I'm here for Brian.

Brian Lions, or Jeremy's younger brother. He's known for being Nick's little boy toy and spends most of his time at Nick's place. Nick doesn't have any feelings for him as far as I know, but their relationship isn't based off of that. It disgusts me.

I knock four times, hard enough for the sound to travel throughout the building. It causes a slight sting in my fist. Twenty seconds pass and then there's faint footsteps in the hall. I hold my breath and tap my foot impatiently. I don't have time for leisure.

Brian opens the door in his boxers, his jet black hair tasseled and his eyes barely open.

"The fuck do you want?" It's hard to see with the sun beginning to hide behind the buildings of the city, but his eyes are red. I pick up on his wrecked voice and look past him into the apartment filled with smoke. I smell the air, relaxing once I recognize the familiar scent. I want a joint so bad.

"You're high." And by the looks of it, he has been for a long time. He won't remember any of this tomorrow.

Brian shakes his head. "No, I'm Brian."

I ignore this and immediately begin thinking about how I can get him to talk about his brother. If I know where Jeremy is, I'll know where Nick is. And Harry.

I don't know much about either of them, only that there's been incidents of incest and Brian and Nick get to it like animals. These are the people I used to hang out with.

Pathetic.

I gaze at the smoke branching out of the doorway and remember that Jeremy can't smoke. He has really bad asthma, and had to be hospitalized once when Brian lit a joint next to him.

This gives me an idea.

"Do you know where Nick is?" He probably doesn't, but it's worth a shot. There's nothing like manipulating people that are high. Unless you're the one being manipulated.

"He's with Jeremy on this business trip I think," he leans against the doorway and I notice the joint in between his fingers.

"Well I need to find Jeremy." And Nick, I silently add.

Brian closes his eyes and smiles.

"Why do you need to know?" The smoke is just barely reaching me, and I'm not going to lie and say that I don't try inhaling some of it.

"He needs his inhaler." Yeah. That's a good enough lie. And it's enough for Brian to want to tell me.

"I don't know where they went exactly." I huff in frustration and kick at a stray penny on the ground.

"Could I come in?" I can feel Harry slipping further and further away from me, and it's making me feel sick. I don't need to let this lead go, it's the only one I have.