Chapter 24

Harry's POV:

I fall sleep easily with Louis holding me, forgetting about Ivy and the restaurant and instead wondering about how Louis' small mattress somehow fits both of us. My legs hang off a bit but I don't mind.

After I told him about my thoughts on fairy tales he kissed my head and told me that he thought the same, and that I should sleep. I find it ironic how I'm the one snuggled against him when I'm the larger one here but he doesn't seem to notice.

I fell asleep soon after that, my mind slowly drifting off into slumber. I dream about Louis Tomlinson and his talent for making people feel better. Any normal person would only try to talk about the events but Louis didn't, he just offered me hot chocolate and the spot on his bed. I know by now, though that Louis isn't a normal person. In my mind, at least. He was bigger and greater than that. 

.....

I wake up alone. I whine at Louis' absence. He's always gone when I wake up.

I smell coffee and hear a coffee machine grinding the beans. I reach out for him and whine again. I hear shuffling and the mattress gives.

I immediately grab Louis and pull him to me. He chuckles. "I'm right here Haz, jeez did you think I was going to leave? I do live here."

I sigh and peek up at him. He's wearing large black glasses and has a nook in his hands. He looks... adorable. I smile to myself and sit up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I'm a little disoriented.

"Your attitude is noted." I give him a big grin.

He looks me up and down and gulps. I realize then that I'm in only my underwear. "Why did you get up?"

Louis returns my smile and crosses his legs. "I was checking the weather. I'm having a football game today."

"You play football? That's hot."

"Actually today it's going to be freezing," he laughs at his well played joke.

I lay back down. "You're a twink Louis."

Louis sticks his wet finger in my ear. I squeal and roll away, right off the bed.

"My twink," I add thoughtfully.

Louis leans down and kisses my head. "That's better."

He stands back up and walks over to the coffee machine, pulling the mug out and standing next to me. "I didn't know you had glasses."

Louis shrugs. "I've been told that they make me look twink-ish."

I chuckle. "Am I invited to this football game of yours?" I sit up again, still looking up at Louis.

"I didn't think you'd want to go, but sure alright." I don't know why he would think that I wouldn't want to go.

Louis disappears from view. "I made you pancakes. No butter or syrup though. And before you ask, I'm not normally used to feeding people here." 

"Louis can I ask you something... personal?"

"I have extra tampons in the bathroom, if you're on yours." Louis laughs. I blush at his bluntness and laugh too.

"No... It's about your eating disorder." Louis spits out his coffee mid swallow and chokes a little.

"If you don't want to talk about it that's perfectly okay I just was curious and wanted to know more about you," I add.

Louis sighs. "It's okay. Get your popcorn ready."

* Louis' POV flashback *

It was five years ago. I wasn't a normal child, I suppose. Instead of partying like all of my friends I stayed inside with my mom, helping her around the house when she was home. Which wasn't often. I always had that pang of guilt in my chest from never treating her right. I tried, I honestly did, but I was always just out of her grasp.

I started smoking at seventeen. It would take the pain away, if only for a little while. I wasn't addicted to smoking, I was addicted to the feeling of feeling nothing.

I was accepted into a different crowd of people when I started smoking. You know, the druggies and the people with tattoos and piercings. Everyone feared them but I didn't. I saw them as ordinary people.

I met a guy in that group. His name was Curtis. Curtis Morgan. He was my first boy.

I thought he would make me better, but after a while I began to realize that he only wanted to hurt me. I gave everything to him. I truly believed that he loved me. I loved him. With my entire heart.

I never really thought I was fat, I just was never hungry. I smoked more than I breathed fresh air and the need for eating slowly diminished. I would go a week without eating and Will began to notice this.

I caught Curtis in a threesome with my best friends. I was sad at the time, but now I'm just angry at myself because I actually believed all the shit he told me.

Will heard about this. He was already bigger than most of the people in my grade, so he found each of them while they were alone and beat the shit out of them.

I didn't approve of this, but I was too heartbroken to think at the time. I would skip school and smoke in the ally beside my house. To say it was a dark time for me would be an understatement.

I slowly began going back to school, but I didn't put much thought into it.

My mom didn't know about all of this, but she knew enough to know that I needed help. We moved out of that town and went here. She got a job as a sales woman and although she didn't earn much, it was enough to support us. She met a man, and they fell in love and got married within a year of being together.

My life got better after that. I quit smoking and tried being a better role model for Will. I took him to the movies and to concerts. I got a job after I graduated. And now... I'm here.

* end of flashback *

Louis' POV:

I stay silent and so does Harry for the next few minutes. I refuse to cry. That's easier said then done though and I bite my lip in attempt to restrain the tears.

Harry stands up and leans against the counter, his boxers hanging loosely on his waist. "Do you want a hug?" He offers. I nod and welcome his embrace.

"Thank you for sharing." He murmurs. I grit my teeth and lay my head on his shoulder. Harry strokes my back softly.

He starts swaying back and forth and puts his hand in mine.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Dancing," he responds as if it's the most natural thing in the world.

Harry pulls us apart and twirls my arm, making me twirl also. I smile lightly.

He pulls me into his chest and begins leading me into a slow tango. I giggle and Harry kisses my head.

"You don't know how to actually dance do you Harry."

Harry spins in a circle and dips me. I laugh. "Nope," he chuckles. "Not unless there's a pole involved."

I know it should be way too early to tell, but I think that I'm falling for Harry. As we dance in my small kitchen, I can feel a familiar warmth in my heart. And, if I could choose anyone to give my heart to, it would be Harry.

~~ Author's Note ~~

Okay so I know it's Louis' birthday in real life today but the fanfic isn't real life time so it's the middle of November in 17Black Life haha. Don't forget to comment and vote!! And I may not update tomorrow idk we will see because it's CHRISTMAS so have a good time opening your presents and spending time with family!!