Chapter 17

Harry's POV:

"I've really got to go, I didn't plan on staying this long..." I stand up and grab my jacket.

"Yeah of course. Thanks for listening."

Nick stands up but doesn't follow me out of the sound booth. I wave goodbye and hurry to my motorcycle, I really should sleep. I haven't gotten a full session of sleeping since I arrived here.

I drive away, waving to the man at the gate. He frowns back at me, he hasn't warmed up to me yet. He will though. Everyone does eventually.

I stop at a stoplight and my phone buzzes in my pocket. It's a text from Will.

Wanna come over? Movie nightttt.

I pull over into a 24 hour drive through bank.

Yeah okay, your place? I don't have anything else better to do. Except sleep, but that's not one of my top priorities right now.

I wait a few moments, the cold starting to set in.

124 Endeavor Street

I enter the address into my map on my phone. My gps is in my car. I look at the route the device has set up for me, memorizing it in a few seconds and then pulling out of the bank driveway.

Should I knock or ring? Ringing sounds good, since it's my first time here. I don't want to seem pushy.

Will opens the door, a goofy grin on his face. "Harry!" He pulls me in for a manly half hug / slap on the shoulder thing. I do it and then shake his hand before realizing that that's probably too formal.

What am I even doing here? I barely know him.

That's exactly why you're here, the little subconscious inside me chimes in.

I smile at Aaron on the couch. I try not to think about him and Will the first night I worked at 17Black.

I sigh. "So what are we watching?"

Will grins wider. "Louis chose The Walking Dead."

Interesting. I didn't know he'd be here. "Louis?"

And then I see him. His head peeks around the door frame. I scold my heart as it dances at the sight of him. Louis' hair is perfectly quiffed back. He smiles a little, looking a little nervous. I wonder if he's as nervous as I am. I don't know what we are, or where we stand now. I don't know what I'm even wishing for in this case. 

I finally swallow, clearing my throat and trying to maintain my voice.

"Hello Lou." I hope he doesn't mind me calling him that.

Will looks at me and then to him, not understanding our discomfort. He ignores it though, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Have you ever seen The Walking Dead? Louis just loves it."

I physically can't take my eyes off of Louis. "Does he really? I've never seen it."

Louis disappears through the door. I don't know where to pick off from our last time together. It was so intense and bright it's hard to find your footing afterwards.

"Alright then," Will begins uncomfortably. Aaron chuckles from the couch.

I sit down on the love seat in the corner, Will sitting next to Aaron on the couch.

The beginning titles show up on the screen just in time for Louis to return to the living room. I like the tune. It's catchy.

Louis is holding a bowl of cereal, some pieces spilling out from the top. Will groans.