Chapter 56

Louis' POV:

I'm going to Aaron's party. I don't quite understand this sudden urge to end all of this shit, but I know that I will end it tonight. Or at least try to.

My joint weighs heavily in my pocket (metaphorically of course) as I take the extra distance to Aaron's frat house. It's not too far from my apartment anyway, so the walk hasn't changed much.

By the time I arrive there's already dozens of plastic cups thrown across the lawn, loud music vibrating the walls and reaching my ears out here. I began to hear the music about half a mile down the street. I can only imagine what it's like inside.

It's gotten colder with the setting of the sun, so I bury myself deeper in my coat. It's not as big as Harry's, so I can't drown in it.

Deafening. That's what it's like inside. My ears scream and I resist the urge to cover them. Aaron's parties are pretty typical college parties, with the exception of a few lights and a better than average stereo system.

But tonight is different. I can't pinpoint it, but something about the atmosphere is eerily familiar.

I push the chilling feeling down and press through the crowd. They're dancing to the music, the amount of drinks consumed obvious in how they move. Most of them are obviously wasted.

Wait. I stop in between a small gap of people and focus on the music. It's then that I notice that the songs are remixes. This isn't the first time I've heard the way the beats are mashed together. I've heard this song before.

It's Nick's.

Harry's POV:

I actually want to go to Aaron's party. I want to meet people, socialize, make friends, that kind of stuff. I've spent a lot of time with Louis in London that I've barely met anyone else. I've always been a social person, and I long to socialize.

Especially on New Year's when my boyfriend has left me. Might as well go socialize. And it's not like I'll be kissing anyone at the party.

So instead of being a sorry arse I get dressed in something tight and black. It restricts my thighs (have I gained weight? Perhaps in muscle?) but I've worn way tighter material.

I don't allow myself to think about Louis as I drive to Aaron's. It's not very far from Louis' flat, actually.

Damn it.

Aaron's frat house hasn't changed a bit since the last time I've seen it. I know that the plastic cups in the yard are different plastic cups, but they might as well been the same ones as last time.

I enter the building with no clue as to where to go, so I head to the bar. I can't drink, of course, but it's all I've got for direction. I can't exactly strike up a conversation with people dancing like this.

I strain my eyes to desperately search for someone I know, or someone that looks approachable. I push my way to the bar and hope to find either Aaron or Will.

No such luck. They're probably somewhere snogging each other's face off. And doing... other things.

Things I could be doing with Lou-

Nope. I'm not doing this. I won't think of him. Besides, I did nothing wrong. It's his fault for not trusting me with Katrina.

I'm standing on my toes - something that I barely ever do - and search the crowd for someone, anyone. I'm not sure who I'm looking for.

Maybe I should call Louis. It would be better to have some company for New Years than to be alone with my pride.

I feel a sense of familiarity in the room. I freeze and crane my head to hear the music better. This isn't the first time I'm hearing the song. I heard it once before, in Nick's car when he was showing me his music in the booth at 17Black.