Chapter 16

Harry's POV:

"Okay... This one?" A series of rhythmical beats fill the small sound booth. I nod my head. It's cool how he's tampered with the beats to create something so different from the original song.

"It's good." I shout over the loud music.

He pushes a button on his fancy machine, silencing the music. "Thanks. That's probably my favorite one I've done."

I think about this for a moment. "I don't know... That first one we listened to was pretty sick."

"That old thing? I found that one in my computer files from ages ago." He puts emphasis on the word ages.

"So what exactly do you do here?"

He laughs. "I didn't mean it like that," I hurry to explain. "I was just wonderi-"

"It's okay. I understand what you're getting at." Nick sighs and leans back in his chair.

"Let's see.... I mostly serve as the announcer for the club. I turn songs on when needed and make track lists for each night. It gets kind of boring really. I like music though so it's not too bad. I work a radio show too, in the afternoons and mornings. I spend my free time creating these," he motions to the stacks of cd's on his desk.

"You've done all of these?" I gape.

He grins fondly. "Yeah. And some more. Those are just my favorites."

"So do you plan to do this the rest of your life?" I hope that I'm not annoying him with my questions.

"No of course not. I'm just doing this for experience. In the future I would love to open my own bar here in London."

"That's actually really cool," I say.

Nick looks surprised. "Really?"

"Yeah. I'm tired of hearing about future lawyers and doctors. Now, a future club owner." I grin. "That's pretty wicked."

He smiles, his cheeks turning red. "Thanks."

"So what about you? What do you plan doing after this?"

I frown. "In a month I'm leaving London, moving back to the town I lived in recently you know. After that.... I really don't know." I feel sort of depressed from my lack of future planning.

"Come on now. Nothing?" I shake my head. "At all?" I shrug my shoulders.

"Sorry..."

Nick laughs. "No need to apologize. Okay what about this one..."

Louis' POV:

The end of the work day doesn't come a moment too soon, and I ignore the obvious giggling from my co workers as I storm out of the building, driving away in a hurry. They seemed to have caught onto me and Harry's late night escapades. I'm a little too eager to leave that place. 

Instead of turning left at the stop light I turn right, heading to Will's place.

"Hello? Anyone home?" I knock again. Will has his own apartment just on the edge of the city. It's bigger than mine but cheaper due to the less demand. I save money on gas though so in the long run we are even.

I hear muffled voices and then feet hitting the hardwood.

Will opens the door, his hair shaggy and tangled. His cheeks are flushed.