Chapter 18

Harry's POV:

My chest burns from coughing so much but I am unable to control it and I find myself bending over in a coughing fit every few minutes. My body is aching and I don't know what's wrong with it, but it's scaring me.

When I am taking a break between coughing spasms I am crying my eyes out, wishing that the pain would just leave me alone.

I don't know where I am, but a couple of men in the workout room carried me somewhere.

It's hot. I'm sweating even more than I was when I was running on the treadmill. I'm shaking though, it's as if somehow my body isn't connected to my brain.

I open my eyes and look at my surroundings. I'm in a hallway, sitting by a door. I groan in agony as I reach for the door handle above me, even this small task takes a great effort.

I sigh as cold air envelops me, some symptoms lessening and my body relaxes. I bend over miserably as another coughing fit takes over my body.

Louis' POV:

I hurry out of the car before it's even fully stopped, my mind on Harry and only Harry. There's a few people outside, Will being one of them. I run over to him, not waiting for Aaron behind me.

"Where's Harry? Will? Where's Harry!" I don't try to control my frantic voice.

A loud door bangs shut and I look over Will's shoulder to see Harry, withering on the pavement and and shaking.

I hurry to his side and rub his back, feeling useless. It's killing me that I can't help right now.

Will comes with a new bottle of freezing water and I open it, staying by Harry and waiting for his slight cough to end. It sounds like his body is trying to throw up, but can't.

He stops and looks up at me, my heart ripping out of my chest. Harry's face is bright red from straining and tears and his naturally curly hair is damp with sweat. I help him lean against the side of the building.

"Louis..." He whimpers, asking me to help. I hold the water to his lips and he swallows what I pour into his mouth.

We slowly continue this until the bottle is almost empty. It's a slow process but Harry's color slowly returns to normal with every sip.

"When was the last time you ate Harry?" He reaches out for my hand. I let him hold it. His hand is clammy and hot but I don't mind.

"When we drank coffee. And I ate dinner... at some point...." He clutches his stomach with the hand not in mine.

His face contorts in pain. I turn to Will. He answers my question for me. "We called the hospital, and they said he's over exhausted himself. They said to get food and sleep and if he gets worse, then he needs to come in."

"I'm taking him home, then." He nods.

"Harry can you walk?" He shakes his head, discomfort clear in his expression from my question.

"Will." He understands what I'm asking and him and Aaron lift Harry up and carry him to my car, Harry refusing to let go of my hand the entire time. He only let's go when it is necessary to lay him down in the backseat.

I hurry into the driver's seat and grab Harry's hand in the backseat.

Will and Aaron disappear in the distance, Harry moaning in the backseat of my car as I rush out of the club parking lot.

"Do you want to go to my house or yours?" 

He points to himself, trying to be funny and make it into a bit. Okay, his place it is.