Chapter 68

LISTEN TO "HOME" BY DAUGHTER IF YOU WANT THE FULL EFFECT OF THIS CHAPTER :-)

Louis' POV:

As much as I want to mutilate Nick's unconscious figure, I don't even think twice about turning to the door I watched Nick come out of. 

The door is locked. Of course Nick would go with the typical movie angle to this. 

I grit my teeth and think about how close Harry and I are - just a few more seconds and I'll be there. I use the adrenaline and kick the door with my foot as hard as I can, jumping back in pain as the door doesn't even budge.

Louis you idiot. The key is on the body at your feet.

In my defense my mind is cloudy with my close proximity to Harry.

I pull the key out of Nick's pocket, cringing at the contact. He's shit. Vile. He's the gum on your shoe at the supermarket.

"Harry? I'm coming." I can hear muffled noises from the other side of the door as I fumble with the lock, twisting it a few times and sighing in relief as it clicks open.

I throw the door open and discard the key somewhere - I don't care where - and blindly sprint into the room. There's no light, and every step I take echoes throughout the room.

"Harry?" My eyes aren't adjusted to the lack of light so I stare into darkness, now understanding the muffling. It's crying.

"Light's in corner."

My ears rejoice at the sound of Harry's voice. It's Harry. It's really him. He's here and with me and everything will be okay because we're together now.

"Okay." I feel along the wall until I run my face into a cold lightbulb. Smooth. I rub my forehead and grab at the cord.

The room is basked in a dim lighting. I don't even bother studying my surroundings - all I see is Harry.

He's restrained and scared. He looks so, so out of it; he's looking at me, but he seems so, so far away. 

Harry turns his face to the light, squinting at me as if he doesn't know if he should believe that I'm real. I gasp, noticing the heavy trail of blood coming from his nose and painting his lips and chin a brilliant red. There's blue and purple around his left eye and a splotch of dried blood on his hairline.

I run over to him, running my hands on his sides. There's tears forming in my eyes.

This is Harry, my strong and powerful Harry, kidnapped and beaten.

He's crying too, and by his swollen eyes I'd say that he has been for a while.

"I'm going to get you out of these and then we're going to leave okay? You're safe now. I've got you." Harry stares at the ground, and it's as if something in him has snapped. 

I press a kiss to his hair and promise to return, hurrying back to Nick and searching for another key. The chains have a lock, so it must be somewhere.

I find it in his shirt pocket. I stare at him in pure hatred and disgust, kicking his limp body hard with my foot.

I'd do more, I want to do more, but I can still hear Harry and he's way more important than this scumbag.

I take the key back to Harry and unlock his restraints. 

"Louis." His voice is raw. His eyes are empty. 

Harry's eyes are pressed shut tightly, his chest heaving up and down at an irregular pace. I

I hold one of his wrists in my hand experimentally, wincing as Harry cries out in pain.

"Harry we need to take you to the doctor. We need to call the police." I pull his head into my lap and run my thumb over his cheek, my touch barely even a ghost. 

Harry shakes his head, pieces of his hair falling from his forehead and I can see that his head injury is worse than I thought. There's a deep blue bruise disappearing into his hairline and covering bits of his forehead.

I bend down to kiss his forehead.

His eyes droop closed as I caress the side of his hair, and I'm quick to catch it.

"You can't sleep, baby. Not until we're sure that you don't have a concussion." He grumbles in protest at this, and I realize that this is the first bit of comfort he's received in the past few days.

I adjust his body, supporting the back of his neck with my hand and pulling his body into mine. He's bigger than me, but I hold him like a child in my arms.

Harry nudges his head into my chest, another crying fit racking through his body. He's shaking violently, his hands barely even able to fist themselves into my shirt.

"Shhhh it's okay now love, I love you so much so pretty my baby my baby my baby I love you..." I'm rambling and I know it but Harry hasn't been in my arms in days and they were lonely without him.

"'M sorry." He sighs, finally seeming to calm down a bit. He's not as hysterical.

I nuzzle my nose into his hair.

"Why?" He's done nothing to be sorry for. Only Harry would apologize after being kidnapped.

Harry tugs on my shirt and sighs. He's not crying anymore, but his eyes are wandering again.

"I'm going to call the police, and we're going to get out of here, okay? We're going to get out of here and you're safe now." 

"I saw the video. Of you and Nick. He wouldn't stop playing it." I shake my head. That's not important right now. Nick has messed with his head and he needs to be in a hospital now, not worrying about a sex tape from ages ago. 

I'm aware of Nick and I's sex tape. It's one of the reasons I didn't want Harry hanging out with Nick. It's one of the reasons we broke up.

I haven't thought much of it. It doesn't matter.

To me, at least. It seems to matter to Harry. A lot.

"I'm sorry you had to see that. It hasn't changed anything, though, has it? It shouldn't. I still despise-"

"You were making the same sounds. With him. If what we have is special then why were you sounding the same?" 

"Harry." I hold his cheek in my hand. "I was a teenage boy that hadn't been properly laid ever. I didn't even know what pleasure was then."

He shrugs even though I didn't ask a question.

"'M not good at making you feel good. I barely know what to do and I-"

"-I'm calling the police. We can talk about this after this situation has been handled. I promise, Haz. It's important, but not the most important thing right now."

Harry wipes his bruised eyes and lips with his bruised wrist. I don't let myself breathe, even now. Not until this is entirely over. Harry nods at my insistence to call the police. 

"How did you find me?" His eyes meeting mine, showing a small glimmer of the life and vibrancy I fell in love with. My heartbeat catches at the sight of them.

"I'll always find my way back to you." 

~~ Author's Note ~~

UGH SO I HAD TO CUT THIS CHAPTER SHORT BC I HAD WRITTEN IT BUT THEN IT DELETED BC WATTPAD IS SHIT SO IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO EVEN CALM DOWN ENOUGH TO REWRITE THIS JUST UGH