30

~

' I'm angry

' I'm angry. I'm sad. And I still have no idea how what happened, happened. '

~

ONE MONTH LATER

Bailey sat in the foyer of the courthouse by herself, Clay and Jess on the other side of the room sitting together. The past month had been a mess for the girl. She had been classified as missing for a week after Justin's arrest, she hadn't wanted to see anyone. She hid in the Hobo Hotel, hiding from her friends when they came searching for her.

The girl had come home after hearing Jess crying as she called out for her as she searched for her, Zach with her doing the same. Since then, nothing had been the same. Bailey hadn't been herself in weeks, she wasn't as cheery but she still did everything she could to help her friends through everything. Even if it hurt her more.

Finding out that Bryce had only received three months probation had been a huge blow to everyone who was against him, especially Jess and Bailey. It seemed that nothing they could do could knock the boy down from the pedal stool he had been placed on. And despite everything, he still remained popular and loved.

Bailey stood immediately when the door beside her opened, Lainie Jensen striding out of the room with Deniz behind her; confused when Justin didn't come out with them. She followed the pair over to Clay and Jess, standing beside her best friend as she waited for the verdict on Justin. Something she had been waiting for, for a long while.

'Wait, where's Justin?' Clay asked.

'They'll only release him to a guardian, and the judge won't move on it,' Lainie sighed making the Matthews girl curse under her breath; 'We've filed emergency papers, but it's a twenty four hour minimum.'

'I'll take the petition to Purdy. He owes us. Do you wanna start on the order for the school?' Deniz stated.

'Yeah. We're asking for a court order to force the school to protect you. To keep him away from you.'

'Thank you,' Jess smiled softly.

'Bailey, would you like the same?'

She shook her head, 'No. Because it'll stop me from doing what I love. I can handle Bryce, I'll be ok.'

Lainie nodded, though her eyes told her she was reluctant to agree to what she wanted.

'Mum, is your firm... I mean, are they cool with this?' Clay asked.

'I've left the firm to work with Deniz on cases like this,' The woman smiled.

'Oh, that's... That's cool.'

Bailey pulled her phone out when it buzzed, reading the message from Zach before she looked up again.

'I'll see you guys later,' She stated; 'Thanks for trying.'