1

~

' Hey, it's Hannah

' Hey, it's Hannah. Hannah Baker. '

~

When Hannah Baker made her fourteen tapes, she didn't seem to realise the recurring tidal waves that would occur after each person listened to them; the consequences each person would face. Or maybe she did. Bailey thought it was what the dead girl wanted, to make people suffer. People went off the rails, friendships were ruined. Though not all of the people on the tapes suffered, well not in front of anyone anyway.

Bailey Matthews was a strong girl, emotionally and physically. Being the captain of the football team, as well as playing in the boys basketball team, lead to many sexist remarks and jokes. But by the end of the game, most of the players on the opposite team began to respect her after getting their arse kicked by her. But the loss of Hannah, along with hearing the tapes, had taken a huge hit to that mental strength, she had been a mess for days. Though that was last week, now she was almost fine. A friday night football game quickly fixed her emotional state. But even then it still hurt, just not as much.

Currently, the brunette girl walked down the hall beside a close friend and teammate, Zach Dempsey. She had known the boy since she was they were in diapers, and were practically siblings. Bailey nudged him hard with her elbow as he began taunting her, making him whine in protest. She waved him off when she saw Justin Foley leaning on her locker, dark circles beneath his eyes. She walked towards him, watching as he pushed himself off her locker, allowing her to open it and shove her bag inside before pulling out her books.

'You ok, Foley?' She asked as he looked over her shoulder and didn't reply; 'Justin, you look like shit, man. I gave you the key to my place for a reason, you can crash there whenever.'

'Yeh, I know Bailey,' He muttered.

The blonde furrowed her eyebrows as she watched him walk towards Clay Jensen, her eyes widening at the realisation; he was next. Justin had heard the tapes, he was next on the list after her; it had killed her to send them to him, especially when the poor boy had two tapes. His home life was already a mess, and she knew the tapes would take a huge toll on him, just as they did for everyone else in the list after him.

Everyone would know what each person did to contribute to the death of Hannah Baker, some worse than others. Bailey sighed and shook her head before she shut her locker, wrapping her fingers around the edge of her books. She took a few steps forward, before she leant on the wall; watching as Justin stood beside Clay, all but breathing down his neck.

'What the hell are you doing?' Justin sneered.

'Nothing,' Clay replied after jumping slightly.

'Just looking for something?'

'What would I be looking for?'

'You tell me.'

'Do you even know my name?'