20

~

   'She was desperate to be heard, to connect

'She was desperate to be heard, to connect. And people took that lifeline and they twisted it. '

~

Bailey and Justin were cuddling on the couch the next morning, both of them dead to the world. A blanket was draped over their lower halves, the girl's back pressed up against his chest. Clay sat on his bed across the room watching them, waiting for them to wake up. Justin was the first to arise, slowly raising his head as he fidgeted slightly; waking the Matthews girl as he went. Her eyelids fluttered before she moved to roll over, pressing her face into his sweat drenched chest. One breath in and she was coughing, fully awake then. She shoved Justin's body slightly, before she rolled over again; a light groan leaving her mouth.

'You need a fucking shower,' She mumbled.

'So do you,' He replied.

Then both their eyes landed on Clay as he stared at them, speaking at the same time, 'The fuck you looking at?'

Bailey reached down to pull the blanket up over them, Justin's arm readjusting itself around her. She closed her eyes again, snuggling further into her boyfriend's body.

'Justin, do you think that you can keep your shit together until someone comes over to look after you later?' Clay asked.

'I'm here, aren't I?' Bailey mumbled.

'Yeh, well... I don't want you two, you know, fucking in my bed.'

'Oh, fuck off, Jensen.'

'If we were going to, we'd do it on the couch, the floor, in the shower, especially on-' Justin was cut off by a sharp jab of the girl's elbow.

'We're not going to do shit.'

'Beside, you have to go to school,' Clay added to his previous statement.

'I'm not going to school.'

'What will Tony say?'

'How about you go fuck yourself?'

Clay sighed in annoyance, 'I'm running late. I gotta get to school.

'I'm fine. We don't need a babysitter,' Justin spoke before Bailey could; 'It's just so fucking cold in here.'

'It's chills. You have a fever.'

Bailey flinched slightly when something was thrown over her and Justin, before she pried her eyes open to find a black and white checked blanket; Clay standing next to them.

'Maybe a shower would help,' He suggested.

'I'm not that bad.'

'You smell like dead feet... Just shower, please.'