28

~

' And friendship is complicated

' And friendship is complicated. You find yourself doing things you never thought you'd do... '

~

Bailey watched as Bryce started to walk down the stairs toward them, her eyes moving between him and Clay; trying to figure out what the Jensen boy was about to do. Clay glared at Bryce as he continued to walk down the stairs, only stopping on the last platform before he reached where they were standing.

'The fuck are you three doing?' Bryce asked.

'Just hold on,' Justin held his hand out ot stop him but his eyes never left Clay.

'He's gonna keep doing it. We have to stop him,' The boy stated as he looked at Bryce.

'Not like this.'

'I'm calling the cops,' Bryce stated before he went to turn away.

'Just shut the fuck up and hold on, Walker!' Bailey yelled.

'It's never gonna get any better. You were right to run away,' Clay muttered.

His hand tightened around the gun a little more, Bryce standing dead still as he watch the situation unfold.

'No, I wasn't,' Justin pleaded; 'That's why you came and got me, remember? For Jess, for Hannah.'

'Hannah wants him dead,' Clay stated.

'No, I don't think she does. I don't think she wants to keep seeing people get hurt. I don't. Okay?'

Justin stepped forward, holding Clay's eye as he slowly reached forward for the gun. He slowly placed both his hands on the gun, carefully pulling it from Clay's hands; the boy sobbing as he did so. Justin stepped back, taking the gun into one of his own hands.

'This is fucking ridiculous,' Bryce sneered.

Bailey quickly reached around to the back of her jeans, pulling out the gun she had hidden there before she pointed it at Bryce. Her eyes didn't move to him as she looked at the back of Justin's head, his hand taking the safety off his own gun.

'No. You're gonna go back inside and you're gonna pour yourself another glass of whiskey, and you're gonna forget that we were ever here, got it?' She flickered her eyes to look at him as Justin spoke.

Justin wrapped an arm around Clay's back, holding the gun off to the side as he lead him to his car. The Matthews girl held Bryce's gaze, not moving as she held the gun steady unlike last time she had used it.

'I heard they just filed for another additional witness. That wouldn't be you by any chance, would it?' Bryce called out to Justin; 'You should be more scared than you are, Justin.'

'Bryce, I've got nothing left to lose. That makes me the dangerous one,' Justin replied; 'Bay, let's go.'

She lowered her gun, putting the safety on before she tucked into the back of her jeans. Only then did she move. She walked backwards to the car, pulling the car door open and slide into it as Justin did. The boy started the car and flew out of Bryce's driveway, slowing to the speed limit once they were in the street.