10

~

' When you do something wrong, you can't just ignore it

' When you do something wrong, you can't just ignore it. '

~

There were six things Bailey truly hated in life; Bryce Walker, Hannah Baker, math, death, bad sportsmanship and Sheri Holland. And she had her reasons for hating every single one of those things. All of them legitimate. Though she never told anyone why she hated the three people on her list, she couldn't find it in herself to do so. But she could always admit it to herself.

The night of Jess' party, her whole life changed because of a decision two girls made. Because of a decision her brother and his best friend made. The night of Jess' party, Drew Matthews and Jeff Atkins were killed, because of Hannah Baker and Sheri Holland. She knew it, most people who had heard the tapes knew it; some took notice of it, others simply brushed it off because they weren't close to the pair.

Though no body in the town knew the truth, they all blamed Jeff; said he was driving drunk. She didn't blame him because he wasn't drunk, she knew that for a fact, even before she had heard the tapes. Her parents blamed Jeff, not Drew. They even refused to go to the boy's funeral, and refused to let Jeff's parents attend Drew's. But Bailey had managed to sneak them in the back and attended the Atkins boy's funeral, because he was like a brother to her and always would be; just as Drew was like son to them.

The girl currently sat outside at a table with Zach, Marcus and Courtney, discussing what Marcus had done the previous day. He had been the one to drop drugs into Clay's bag, and he had come up with the plan all on his own. Bailey had cursed under her breath with a chuckle, not thinking that he would have the guts to handle drugs on school property.

'Seriously, dude, that's bullshit. He got suspended for three days. That shit goes on his record,' Alex spat.

'Yeah, I don't really care. At least we shut him up,' Marcus stated.

'They're keeping him away from us for three days; shutting him up, I don't think so,' Bailey muttered.

'You guys want to take him on another ride? Cause that worked so well.'

'His credibility is shot. No one's gonna believe anything he says,' Courtney suggested.

'Until he plays them the tape, or until Tony does,' Zach reminded them as Ryan placed his tray down and sat at the table.

'Yeah, what happened there?' Marcus asked the blonde.

'I tried. Tony wouldn't budge. He's got the tapes hidden somewhere, and this medieval, self-flagellating moral code. We have to do this another way,' Ryan informed them.

'It's back to Clay. If he's talking to Jessica about her party, it may be too late,' Courtney said.

'Why are we defending Bryce? Can someone tell me? I mean, he's a fucking rapist.'