29

TRIGGER WARNING: this chapter has detailed story of rape.
VIEWER PRECAUTION ADVISED.
 Feel free to skip to the second half of this chapter 
if this will act as a trigger in any way.

~

' There should be some things more important than friendship

' There should be some things more important than friendship. Things you just won't do for a friend. '

~

Bailey stood outside the police station with Justin, the rest of the group waiting on them. She hadn't wanted to go in there and not see Justin one last time if he was arrested. But she hoped for the best. They all did. The couple stood silently together, their foreheads resting against one another. No one daring to disturb them.

They hadn't spoke a word, they hadn't needed to; their actions said it all. They yearned for each other. His thumbs rubbing circles into her hips and her fingers running through the hair on the nape of his neck. She tilted her head up and kissed his lips lightly, his response immediate. Though the kiss was beautiful, she hated how it made her feel. Like it was a kiss goodbye. She pulled back, clenching her eyes shut.

'Don't... Don't do that,' She whispered.

'This might be the end of me,' He replied.

Bailey shook her head as she took a step back, her eyes watering.

'No. No, it's not. I'm going to fight for you. Clay's going to fight for you. We all will. Please, don't say that,' She looked at him.

'Bailey,' He croaked.

'You're not leaving me, Justin Foley. Not over this.'

'No, Bay, no. It's just-'

'Say it, Justin. Say you're not leaving me.'

'I'm not leaving you, Bailey... I love you. So fucking much.'

'I love you, too.'

He stepped forward and kissed her hard, all their anger and sadness going into it. She revelled in the feeling of his hands cupping her face, her arms wrapped around his neck. A tear rolled down her cheek, and she felt one of Justin's hit her thumb. They pulled away and pulled each other into a tight hug, simply revelling in the feeling.

Reluctantly they pulled away, walking hand in hand up to the group before they all headed inside; together. Jess, Justin and Bailey all walked up to the reception, informing the woman behind the desk what they wanted to report before they were asked to take a seat. During the short time they were waiting, Jess' parents arrived and quickly moved to speak to their daughter.

Bailey had rang the Atkins, telling them what she was planning on doing. And they had shown up not five minutes later, comforting both Justin and herself. The trio stood when a group of officers came out to get them, Harris offering to go in with Justin; but the Foley boy politely declined. The Matthews girl followed after to female officers with her almost adoptive parents, taking a seat in a interview room up the hall.