27

~

' It's about fighting together, but it's also about family

' It's about fighting together, but it's also about family. About knowing who will be there for you, always. '

~

Bailey sat beside Justin in Monet's, looking everywhere but at the polaroids of Bryce raping Chloe sitting on the table; Clay and Jess across from them. The Davis girl had been staring at the photos for a good couple of minutes now, leaving the others to watch and wait silently.

'If she doesn't know this happened to her, she's gonna be destroyed,' Jess finally stated; 'And once she does, I'm not gonna be the one who tells her that the whole world needs to know, too. They're gonna have to take down Bryce without her.'

'He's just going to lie,' Clay retorted.

'Maybe. But you go up there thinking you'll know what to say, and then it ends up going another way completely, you know?'

'Yeah, which is how I know we can't count on them to get Bryce. Look, if we don't stop this, there will be more Chloes... And Bryces... And Ninas.'

Clay slid the polaroid they had found of Nina across the table to Jess, the girl quickly pouncing on it with worry.

'Oh, my God,' She muttered.

'This is proof, Jessica. Proof of who Bryce is, who they all are,' Clay urged.

'Watch yourself,' Bailey hissed quietly.

'Why? That's what they are.'

'Scott isn't. Zach isn't. Monty may be. Just beacause the baseballers use the Clubhouse, doesn't mean they're all like Bryce. Because I'm sure as hell Jeff and Drew weren't.'

'But- Look, Jess... It's proof that you're not alone.'

'And that makes it easier? What, like we're some part of a fucking club?' Jess sneered with a shaky voice; 'Jesus, you guys.'

The girl stood as she wiped a tear away, Clay reached his hand out.

'Wait, we- That might be evidence,' He stated.

'Well, it doesn't belong to you,' Jess spat.

Justin fell back into the chair with a sigh, Bailey reaching over to link her fingers through his; giving his hand a quick squeeze.

'Clay, can you go get us some drinks?' Justin stated as he looked over his girlfriend's bruised face and neck for the millionth time.

'I have no money,' The boy replied confused.

The Matthews girl reached into her pocket and handed him a fifty dollar note, but didn't say a word.

'Where'd you get this kind of money?' Clay asked.