16

~

  ' I thought we could move on, but when I got called to testify, it made me realise we can't just move on

' I thought we could move on, but when I got called to testify, it made me realise we can't just move on. '

~

Four Months Later

Bailey leant into Tony's side, her eyes drooping shut as she struggled to stay awake. The radio played their cassette, one they had made together, but they did nothing more. She let out a quiet sigh, bring her feet up to tuck them beside her.

'Are you ok?' She whispered.

'Yeh,' He replied.

'Don't lie to me.'

He huffed in amusement, 'No. I'm not ok.'

'Good. Cause neither am I.'

He kissed her hair, letting her cuddle into his side further.

'Have you been doing drugs lately?' He asked.

She didn't reply, pretending to be asleep as she kept her eyes closed; not wanting to answer the question her had given her.

'Bay,' He pressed.

She groaned and sat up, 'You know it's how I deal with things, Tone.'

'But with everything going on-'

'I know. I know. But... I can hear them in the back of my mind everyday, Tony. It's the only way I can escape them and try to move on with my life.'

'Why didn't you tell me?'

'Because with everything going on lately, it's the last thing you need.'

'I'll always be there for you, Bay. Ok? You know that.'

'I know. But you've been stressed-'

'Bailey Drew Matthews, I love you and will always be your brother, which means I will always be there for you and I don't give a shit if I'm stressed or what, I'm here.'

'Thank you.'

She smiled softly and kissed his cheek, resting her head back on his shoulder for a moment.

'I've got to go,' She whispered.

'You can stay the night. You don't have to go home to that empty house,' He replied as he rested his head on top of hers.

'Ok.'

'Share?'

'Of course.'

She laughed, moving to get under the covers. She cuddle into his chest, listening to him laugh as she did so.