22

~

  ' Sometimes a kid gets roughed up

  ' Sometimes a kid gets roughed up... A lot of the times though it's just stuff that people say. '

Bailey leant back on her bed at the Atkins', her phone pressed between her ear and her shoulder as she folded her clothes. Zach's voice was ranting in her ear, his nerves for the next day clear in his voice.

'I don't know, Bay... They made you cry, what are they gonna do to me?' He asked.

'I could help you but you still haven't told me everything,' She replied.

'Yes, I did.'

'No, Zee. You told me everything, but avoided summer... What happened the summer before junior year?'

'Bay-'

'No. I'm coming over now. You have till then to get your shit together, ok?'

'Ok. You want dinner?'

'Yes, please. I love you, Zee.'

'I love you, too, Bay.'

She hung her phone and threw it on the bed, stuffing her clothes into the drawer before she moved to grab her keys and phone again. The girl jumped when she turned and found Justin in the doorway, a lazy smirk on his face.

'Hey,' She smiled softly.

'Hey,' He replied.

'You look better. How do you feel?'

'Like shit.'

She huffed in slight amusement, 'What are you doing here? You staying over?'

'Clay's parents found out about me, so I thought I better give them some space. But yeh, Mrs Atkins said I could if I wanted.'

'Are you?'

Justin pushed himself off the door frame and walked toward her, placing his hands on her waist as he smirked down at her. He kissed her forehead, making her sigh in relief.

'Do you want me to stay?' He muttered against her skin.

'Yes,' She replied as she tilted his head down so she could kiss him properly.

'Yeh, I'll stay.'

She chuckled and kissed him, smiling into it as his hands squeezed her hips lightly.

'Well, make yourself at home. I'll be back in about an hour,' She took a step back.

'Where you going?' He asked.

'Zach needs some Zee and Bay time. I won't be long. Go talk to Harris, I'm sure he'll love you.'

'I'm pretty sure he was giving me the stink eye when I walked up here.'