5

~

' You think you can just throw me under the bus? '

~

The Winter Formal was one of the most anticipated events of the school year, everyone wanted to go to it. Everyone, except Bailey, that is. She loathed dresses with a passion and frankly didn't like the whole formal thing; having to take a date and dance with them. But that year, she did go. And it wasn't just any boy that took her, it was her brother, Drew, that had taken the time out of his day to prepare something special to invite his sister to her first formal.

She remembered it like it had happened yesterday. He had made a big cliche sign and hung it in her room, just above her bed head. It said; Bailey, you can't be a winter formal virgin forever, and because I love you, please let me be your first date to your first formal. It was all written in blue on a black piece of cardboard, with balloons either side of it. She had laughed and said yes almost immediately.

He didn't leave her side the whole night, he danced with her and annoyed her to no end; but to her, it was perfect. That formal was one of the many precious memories she had shared with Drew, it was the first and last formal they had attended together. She still had the picture of them dressed up together on her wall, both of them grinning into the camera.

Bailey sighed as she walked into the school, dumping her bag as she sat down beside Alex; leaning her head in his shoulder. She began talking to the boy, who mumbled back replies, before their attention was dragged away from each other as their group began cheering and clapping. Bailey watched as Tyler walked into the school with his head down, trying to hid from the humiliation he was bound to face, but their group continued to call out to him anyway.

'Tyler! Yo, Tyler!' Bryce called out.

'Hey, Ty-Ty! Nice ass, buddy!' Monty smirked.

She covered her hand over her mouth as her jaw dropped at the sight of Monty and Bryce's nude backsides as they mooned Tyler, laughing as she shook her head. Zach ran over and covered her eyes, but it was too late as she continued to cheer along with the rest of the group. Bailey squealed as someone yanked her up from the seat, Zach's hand dropping from her eyes as she was dragging away,

'Justin, what the fuck?' She spat.

'You said you'd help me with Jensen, and we're dealing with it right now,' He replied without looking at her.

'I'm not in the mood to deal with Jensen today, Just.'

'Please, Bay, you promised.'