7

~

' There's all kinds of ways to feel lonely

' There's all kinds of ways to feel lonely. '

~

Bailey playfully shoved Justin as they sat at a table in the cafeteria, completely surrounded by their group. She cheered when Zach walked in to the building, yelling out as he did so. He knew it was a fake front she was putting up, he knew all about what had happened the previous night; as did Justin. Though they both knew not to bring it up. He hugged her from behind, before sitting down beside her; his eyes flickering to something across the room.

The girl followed his line of sight, scowling when she saw Clay staring at them from where he sat; his headphones on and Walkman on the table. She rolled her eyes and looked away, joining back into the conversation at hand. He was up to Zach's tape, it was clear to see. Bailey lent over to hit one of the boys as they made a crude joke about girls, but when she couldn't reach Justin did it for her. He then pointed at her when the boy glared at him, she simply waved with a fake sweet smile.

'Oi, Matthews, you ready for the game tonight?' Bryce asked.

'Always. I'm just hoping these two are as well,' She replied before pointing to the two boys either side.

'Hey, what about the rest of the team?' Zach exclaimed.

'Them too, I suppose.'

She laughed as Zach began tickling her, before he stopped as he looked across the cafeteria again. She looked to find Clay staring at them again in some type of daze, but staring at them nonetheless.

'Hey, look at me,' She muttered as she grabbed Zach's face and made him look at her; 'Don't worry about him. What you did is nothing compared to some people's, especially mine. He tries anything, he'll have to go through me.'

'You don't have to d-' He started.

'Yes, I do. After all the things you've done for me, I owe you. Besides you're my best friend, and best friends stick up for each other.'

'Thanks, Bay.'

'Always.'

He placed a kiss to her head before she went back to their conversation with the group, all over them laughing and joking. What she had said was true. Sure, everyone deserves a compliment, but it was always better to receive them in person rather then on a sheet of paper. Zach's tape was just one of the many lies Hannah had told when she said the boy had thrown a note she had written to him away, he hadn't; it was still in his wallet. She knew, she had read it.

~

Bailey slouched down on Tony's couch after changing into her uniform, placing her head on Hayden's shoulder as he watched the football game on TV. She had a few minutes before she needed to leave, so she was going to relax.