【Part 26: Stranger】「Satoshi」

Chapter 26: Stranger

It was expected I supposed. To be siting in a room with a police officer eying you down. My stomach turned in many different ways I couldn't even control. He looks at me with a serious expression, and a cup of coffee next to him. I stared at him with irritation.

"So kid, what happened?" He speaks, and takes a long sip from his coffee.

"Hm....well I don't know...I don't remember." I lied. For some odd reason, I couldn't blame Kazuo. Deep down I still love him. Is he really dead? I often wondered that after I blindly pulled the trigger.

"You can't lie to us, DNA will soon tell the truth." He glares.

"Whatever, I have nothing to say to you. It was just a misunderstanding. I just thought he killed one of my friends."

"Well did he?"

"No, I found out my friend killed himself in his basement. He hated Kazu so he wanted to make it look like he killed him...that's all." I hung my head low, and felt the weight of the officer's stare.

"Hm we will check up on that story."

"Is Kazuo still alive?" I looked up.

"He is. The gunshot barely missed him. Lucky man he is. Is he your friend?"

"No my um partner." I felt my cheeks warming up at the word.

"Oh I see." He keeps his stare on me. It looked as if he has never blinked in his life.

I went home that day with Takuto escorting me home. In the safety of my family, I decided to save up for my own apartment. I couldn't go around roaming if Kazuo is still alive. A part of me was scared, yet a part of me was happy he was still alive.

The very next day, I built up my courage to go to the hospital, and pay him a visit. He wasn't badly injured at all, but his face was showing signs of painful thoughts. He glares at me when I entered his room, and my lungs felt as if suffocated in my throat just seeing his face.

"Here to shoot me again?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"No. As a matter of fact, I covered for you. I think we should move." I went over to sit by his bedside.

"Move? To where?"

"America.....we can get away from it all. Sure I was blinded by reality, and I started blaming you, however, I do love you....I guess sometimes I am scared of you." I looked down, and rubbed my left arm.

"You have every right to be. I guess in a way I was controlling. I should change for the better."

I was stunned by his sudden change of heart. Could this be a new start for the both of us? I went to kiss him on the lips. He pulls me in for a deeper kiss.

"Ahem." The doctor cleared his throat, and I immediately backed off in embarrassment.

"Sorry." I bowed.

"This may be the single most weirdest relationship I've witness. From what happened a few days ago to now." He looks at both of us in disbelief that we had already settled our scores, and differences.

"When can I get out?" Kazuo asked.

"Well looking at how your body is handling this recovery fast, I say tomorrow you should be good to go."

"Good." Kazuo replied with a small smile.

The very next morning, I went to pick him up. It was me alone on the train that day. I hoped he didn't mind taking a bus with me home.