【Part 19: Fear】「Satoshi」

Chapter 19: Fear

I got home quickly before the sky shone orange. It was almost sunset time. I hated that part of the day. Felt like you would die if the sun sets.

I saw Kazuo playing games on his cellphone when I got home. He smiled at me, and opened his arms for me. I walked over to give him a hug. The warmth of his body felt like home.

"I got something special for you. Porridge." I smiled.

"You can cook?" His eyebrow jerks up.

"Yeah. Being an only child, my mom taught me in her spare time." I shrugged.

"I can't wait." He smiled at me.

I ran downstairs, and started preparing the ingredients. I looked through the book, and found the fever porridge that could help subside fevers. Didn't really fancy that weird name, but hopefully it works.

During the middle of waiting for the porridge to cook, I heard a loud thud upstairs. I ran up to Kazuo's room quickly.

"You okay?!" I screamed.

"Yeah." I saw his broken cellphone at the wall.

"What happened?"

"I got mad, and threw it. Just a stupid text from a professor."

"What happened though?"

"He said I will be fired if I don't start doing my job. No big deal."

"I hope everything will be okay." I worried for him.

"No worries." He smiles. "Is the porridge ready?"

"Oh yeah! In a bit. I'll be back." I dashed downstairs. Kazuo had quite a temper. I hope he doesn't lash out on me when I make him mad.

I got to the kitchen, and saw the timer already went off. I guess it's time to give him the porridge. I scooped some into a bowl, and placed a spoon in the bowl. I quickly went upstairs.

"Here you go." I handed him the tray. He takes it, and nods.

"Thank you Satoshi." He took the spoon, and got a spoonful of the porridge. He blew on it lightly, and then took a slurp. "Delicious. You can be my wife haha." He chuckles.

"Maybe." I felt my cheeks getting hot. "You say such..."

"Cute things?" He smirks.

"Sappy shit." I mumbled.

"You like it." He winks.

"I do." I looked at him. "I love it."

"Good."

I stayed over at his house that night. Sadly he was too sick to really converse with me. I explored his house since I figured he wouldn't mind.

I found a photo album on his bookshelf. I skimmed through the book, and found typical pictures. From his baby pictures, to his prom, to his memories with me. They made me smiled. I think the one when he finally was a professor was the most appealing. So handsome, so flawless, so my Kazuo. I sounded like some bitch getting her first boyfriend now.

"Huh?" I saw a photo of him, and a older gentleman. The older man had his arm wrapped around Kazuo, and they both were holding the diploma that was the golden key to him being a professor.

The photo itself was just any ordinary photo, but the man that was next to him looked familiar. I couldn't make out who it was. I quickly put the album back, and hit the hay.

The next morning, Kazuo was still sick. I finally got a chance to get home to get more money from my savings bank. It was just a plain jar that said 'money' on it.