【Part 30: Off】「Kazuo」

Chapter 30: Off

"So you dump him or what?" Shouta asked me as we drank our cocktails.

Meeting an old buddy was great for me. I could finally feel like I am living a normal life.

"Nah it was mutual." I pulled out a cigarette, and Shouta lit it up for me.

"Whatever you say kid." He smirked.

"How's your boyfriend?" I chuckled. I knew he knew that his brother was seeing some dude. The dude name Kyou which is also my buddy.

"You're full of jokes you son of a bitch." He glares.

"I already told you everything Kyou did to him. He probably will hate me for spilling the beans, but I gotta man."

"It's better you tell me anyways. I hated that brother of mine. He fucking stole my spotlight. After Raine passed away, I was suppose to be the fucking president of the company." He held his glass tight enough I could see his skin on his finger turning white.

"You had a drug problem like me you shit." I chuckled.

"Whatever you homo." He flicks me off.

"Please. Don't use that against me. I felt sorry for the kid. I am true scum huh? I kinda miss the boy, but all I did was sleep with women. He brought out that badness in me."

"Disgusting." He mumbles quietly.

"S my D." I winked.

"You wish. I don't flow that way bud." He stood up, and slapped some money on the table as tips. "I got the tip this time. I'm heading home. Good luck with whatever."

"Yeah I guess." I looked to the distance. I felt quite lonely, but never would I admit that.

"What? You getting sappy?" He says while looking down at me.

"Yeah I guess." I avoided eye contact. I didn't want to cry. I didn't want to come true to the fact that I fucked up Satoshi's life for the time he was with me.

"Want to come over, and chill there? Ever since that brother of mine passed away, I got his inheritance, and boy it's fucking awesome to be rich."

"Money can't buy happiness idiot."

"It can for me. I want to give you some happiness, come on." He taps my shoulder twice, and started walking out of the bar. I followed after him.

"Thanks man." I patted his back as we walked alongside each other.

"Don't get all mushy on my ass. Get in." He opens the car door, and I hopped in.

As Shouta was driving, I noticed the familiar places of Japan Satoshi, and I spent together. The sight made me sick, but I had to endure it.

Now 4 years have passed since I last spoken to Satoshi. Currently I am drug free, and I returned to teaching. I stayed in Japan hoping to bump into Satoshi one day, but that day never came. Maybe he changed his appearance, and name. I thought all absurd things to make myself make more sense.

"Idiot pay attention." I looked to my side, and Shouta was glaring at me. He pointed to the papers on my desk. "Grade them shits for those bratty shits." He laughs.

"Shh we are in a university." I pushed him. Shouta is the president of Raine company, but he lingers around me during lunch to bother me. I guess I could say he is my best friend for a while. I knew he wasn't the nicest, but he was loyal to me.

"Who cares about the rules." He shrugs. I noticed a bandaid on his right index figure. It was unusual to see him have any type of injury.

"What's up with the band aid?" I asked.

"Wood under skin." He smirked.

"Splinter?" I asked.

"Yep."

I zoned out. I knew a splinter was how Satoshi fell for me. I knew the splinter started our bond.

"What idiot?" Shouta snaps his fingers in my face.

"Nothing, I just miss tending to Satoshi's splinters."

"Huh splinters?" He replies looking confused.

"Splinter." I whispered.

The End