【Part 18: Keep】「Satoshi」

Chapter 18: Keep

I sat in the emergency room's waiting room until one of the nurses called me. I ran to Kazuo quickly, and saw him laying there smiling at me. I ran to take his hand regardless of the nurses watching.

"Are you okay!?" I demanded an answer.

"I feel great." He squeezes my hand.

"I didn't know you did....that stuff...why didn't you tell me?"

"I was afraid you wouldn't want me anymore." His eyes showed sorrow.

"We will leave you be." The two nurses said as they made their way out the room.

"I won't leave you for that, but please stop. You need to have a long lifespan with me." I squeezed his hand, and held it to my face.

"I....yeah...I'll try." He smiles at me, and I cried tears of happiness.

I was selfish when it came to Kazuo. I wanted him to live forever with me even though that sounded absurd by itself.

"Can you be discharge today?" I asked.

"Sadly not until tomorrow." He frowns.

"Don't worry, I'll pick you up tomorrow."

"Okay." He nods.

I went home that day with a heavy mind. I was in fear of him being alone. I know he won't listen to me. He is my boyfriend now so it's my duty to watch after him.

I got a text from Kazuo that evening which surprised me since it was midnight. I figured he should be sleeping after all that happened. Picking up my phone, I witnessed a shocking text from him.

"Satoshi, lets live together when I am out. I have a extra house here."

I called him right away, and I heard his voice said hi. I was home.

"Kazu...you meant what you said? I still have school though."

"I can drive you. Aren't you in your last year?"

"Yeah."

"Tell your parents that you will attend Soho University."

"Why?" I was puzzled.

"I am a professor there as well. I had my ways."

"Wow! So we will be like...dorm mates? Isn't it bad to have an affair with a professor? What if the others find out?"

"They won't. I tell them you are my kid brother since I used to babysit you."

"Okay...I'm happy. I can't wait, but I want to finish high school first on my own."

"Hmm.." I heard the disappointment in his voice. "Fine. Goodnight baby." Click. He hung up. He isn't mad. I think he supports my choices. I am extremely happy he suggested it, but I have to focus on school.

I had a huge test the next day. A placement test that was crucial. I rushed to get to the testing center.

"Shit!" I forgot that I had to pick up Kazuo. I can't pick him up or I'll miss my test. I called Ita hoping he would be understanding.

"Ello." He says.

"Can you do me a big favor?"

"Sure."

"Can you pick up Kazuo from the ER in downtown?"

"Why are you st-"

"Please! Just bring him back to his hotel or whatever. Please."