【Part 25: Rest】「Satoshi」

Chapter 25: Rest

It was a bad idea. It was a bad idea to go alone with Kazuo since I knew deep down he did something to Ita. I pretended to sleep until I noticed he was in deep sleep. I made my way out of bed quietly, and headed towards his kitchen. There I poured some water for him mixed with sleeping pills.

I quickly made my way upstairs, and replaced his pre-made glass of water with mine. I looked over at him. He was sleeping soundly.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered.

"Ah!" He shoots up from his sleeping position.

"Kazuo are you okay? I asked him.

"Yeah just a bad dream." He wipes his sweaty forehead, and stood up. He tries to reach for the glass, and knocked it over by mistake.

Shit is all I could say in my mind. I went to help him pick up the pieces.

"Ah." I felt a sharp pierce on my finger. I looked at my bleeding finger.

"Baby you okay?" He held my hand in his. "Oh sorry, my wooded floor has been really shitty. You got a splinter." He runs over to his bathroom, and came out with that splinter kit that I was so familiar with.

"You still have that...." I said looking down at the kit.

"Yeah of course. Just in case you would need it." He took out the same golden silver tweezers, and some alcohol. He started rubbing my finger exactly 10 times, and soaks it in alcohol. I felt the memories coming back.

"Haha been so long." He says as he does his work.

"Yeah." I watched him pluck out the splinter. Sadly I couldn't feel much towards it anymore. All I could think of was what could have happened to Ita.

"Something wrong?" He looks up at me with concern.

"No." I shook my head. "It's just weird you still do the same thing."

"It's a habit." He chuckles.

"Yeah." I smiled.

After he was done with my splinter, he went back to lay down.

"Ah I'll be back. I'm going to get a new glass." He says while getting back up.

"I can do it for you. I feel like getting some water too. My head feels light. Where do you keep those headache pills." I said.

"Oh it should be in that mini counter on the right of the fridge. I can go get it for you." He suggested.

"If that is okay with you." I nodded.

"Course baby." He gets up, and goes to fetch the water, and pills.

He came back in a matter of 5 minutes with two glasses of water, and a packet of pills. I looked at the glasses. I didn't want to drink the water. What if he tried to poison me?

"Uhg." I held my stomach. He looks shocked.

"What's wrong baby?" He sets the glasses down, and goes over to me.

"My stomach is killing me. I don't know why. I think I might have caught what Ita got." I lied to see his reaction. He looks concerned.

"Oh don't stay near him too much." He rubs my back. "I will take care of you."

"Can you get ginger ale then?" I smiled a small one. He nods.

"Sure, be right back." He gets up to leave.

Perfect. I took the spare sleeping powder from my pocket, and started pouring it into his glass. I used my finger to mix it throughly.

"What are you doing?" His voice rung as I turned behind me to see him staring at me.