【Part 16: Drugs】「Kazuo」

Chapter 16: Drugs

"What the hell are you doing! This isn't good for the baby you know that?! If the baby is born, you better stop these habits!" My wife yells at me. I wish her mouth could be sewn shut.

"Okay." I said, and I cleaned up the cocaine that was aligned in perfect parallel lines. What a waste.

I went to my office, and called BigZ. BigZ was my drug provider that I contacted almost three times a week. His goodies kept me going.

"What do you have today?" I asked in the call.

"Pineapple Express. Like that movie joint. You in?"

"When, where?"

"Normal place." He whispers. "Bring some dough with you."

"I'm a professor idiot." I grumbled.

"Yeah high, and mighty. See you this afternoon?"

"Midnight."

"Okay." He hangs up. I guess my drug fix will be tonight. Some new weed. Perfect.

I saw Satoshi's name on my phone. The kid made me uneasy. I felt like I've developed romantic feelings towards him. Was it wrong?

POW! I woke up from my horrid dream of my wife. Or ex wife. I looked over to my side, and saw Satoshi sleeping.

"Oh right..." I held my head, and my head was pounding. "What an awful dream."

My life flashed before me as if my death was approaching. My life has been good, but far from normality. I remember it so clearly.....

"Kazuo! You're finally going to go to the University of Paris!" My mother hugs me tightly when I got home. I was so excited since I've been pursuing this university for so long. The French always excited me. Frankly for their romantic nature.

"Mom, I'm so glad! I can't wait.

My mood was instantly at its peak. I wanted to scream to the world, but that wouldn't be humane. Quickly I went to pack my things. As a teenager, everything had to be rushed for me. I wanted to get out of Japan quicker. The only thing was Satoshi. I'll miss the little guy.

Departure was hard on me, and Satoshi. It was only hard since I couldn't build up the courage to tell him. His innocent poor heart would be torn, but I guess leaving out of nowhere wasn't exactly the best solution either. I just needed to escape.

The day came when I moved into my new apartment in France. The lights were beautiful at night, and I had the perfect sight of it from my balcony. Wow!

Study there was amazing. Everyone was really nice, and my internship paid off. I was officially a student teacher in a matter of four full years at the university. Course I had to go through the whole student teacher bullshit in high school before anything else.

"You seriously think you are capable of being a professor?" My superior said. He scratched his 5 o'clock shadow, and gave me a look of annoyance. He had no faith in me.

"Yes.." I said under my breath. I didn't get all straight As', but I was really passionate about teaching students. He was the rock blocking me.

"You learn for four years, and expect to get it huh? Kid you surely must be kidding." He turns to look at his phone.

"Please give me a chance!" I yelled while still reminded I am in his office, and sitting in the "subordinate's" chair.

"Hmm well I got a deal for you." He smirks.

"What is it Sir Satou!" I leaned in desperate for any type of agreement.

"You know my deep dark secret right?"