【Part 4: Dreams】「Satoshi」

Chapter 4: Dreams

Takuto's words stunned me. Never would I expect my Kazuo to be so successful. Look at myself, I call him mine, but he could have a girlfriend by now, or worse....married. I was sure he had a girlfriend the last time we spoke which was eleven years ago.

"Is he still there?" I asked

"I'm not sure. I left France two years ago. Last time I was there, he was still teaching. I come to Japan every year to visit, but my visit this time lasted three years haha. I might go back in two weeks."

"Take me!" I grabbed his arm as he backs off shocked.

"I can't do that." He shakes his head.

"Please! I will give you the money." I heard how crazy I sounded. I am taking a chance to abandon school for a guy that probably doesn't even remember me.

"Well, talk it over with your parents. That is if you still live with them."

"I am 18."

"You are still in high school." He raises an eyebrow. "Thought you said 17 before."

"So what?" I growled.

"Talk it over. Here is my number." He takes out a scrap of paper, and scribbled down his digits. I took the paper, and pulled out my phone to add him as a contact. I shot him a text so he knew my number.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"I don't judge okay. It's nice you have someone you love so much, but please don't have too much hope." His serious state frightened me. Does he know something about Kazuo that he's keeping to himself?

"I guess."

"Here you go sirs" the waiter said placing our orders. I wasn't interested in the beverage. My system was beating knowing I might see Kazuo again.

"I got to go." I placed the money, and tip.

"What about.."

"Don't worry about it. You can have it. I want to get home to tell my parents about this."

"Gotcha kid." He winks. "Good luck."

"Thanks." I scurried home.

It was the afternoon around 4:00 when I got home. My mom was preparing a delicious smelling dinner in the kitchen. Smelled like roast pork.

"I'm home." I called out.

"Welcome home sweetie, how was your day?"

"Hm okay, where's Sai?"

"He went out to get the oil change for the car."

I sat down at the dinner table, and took a small breath.

"Mom."

"Yes?"

"You remember Kazuo?"

"Oh yes! That nice boy that babysits you when you were young. What about him?"

I was amazed that my mother remembered, but never once brought him up. I guess I couldn't blame her. I never showed anyone my love for him. I kept it secretive.

"I met a guy that knows him in France. I want to go see him."

My mother stopped chopping whatever she was chopping, and turned to face me.

"Some strange man huh? Are you crazy?"

Suddenly I noticed what I said was bad. I had to think of some lie.